Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrmidnight
    • Apr 2016

99 f150 pats system

my solus ultra scanner has the 15.4 software update, does that software let you program ford chipped keys I havnt been able to do it with my scanner since ive had the new software installed
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

Snap-on does not have access to the Ford PATS systems, yet. You can program key FOBS on some models, but the IDS would be needed to add and/or erase keys.
    S. Breland

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Are you serious?You still can't program PATS keys for a 17 year Ford with a Snap On product yet? I wonder how long Snappy and other legit companies have to suck Ford and other OE manufacturer's hind teet and beg for ok for licensing rights to include such basic functions. I think Five years is enough and aftermarket should be able to just whole sale copy any OE makers repair software including the J2534 programming files!
      Stacey, IDS is a great tool, and paying a 24hr subscription for a few years beyond when a car is out of bumper to bumper warranty for access to program keys for one or two I guess is the right thing to do, but I'm thinking that Hit or Miss, (Pre 2015) , discontinued $999 Port Freight 08 of yours gathering dust in your shop could program 17 year old Ford immobilizer keys too for free. If your shop has a one year Ford Subscription though and you have IDS then why would you try immobilizer functions on Fords using anything else?
      Last edited by Witsend; 04-20-2016, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• badcoupe
        • Jan 2011

it can be done with pass thru and a motorcraft subscription

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

Or any Chinese Advanced Diagnostics Clones. Just make sure you have 14v all the time and those $120 tools can program any Ford key. But I just saw one of those burn a cluster for the newer models which have the remote and chip integrated. So I only use the chinese clones for older cars. Good luck!

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Looks like J2534 pass through device is an inevitable must have to buy, for any shop now even though there was a couple years before the Ford Lawsuit, that Chinese Scanners briefly gave shops of modest means a glimmer of hope that PortFreight08 and Maxi Cyst would eliminate the need to sublet out or send as much work out to dealers or buy expensive J2534 tools and OE subscriptions.
            Guys on the Chinese Forums now seem to believe recent System Upgrades caused some of the near OE functionality of the scanners to have allegedly been made inoperative, or lost and returned to OE sub based through J2534 as I guess The China man is learning gradually to OPP or StrapOn-ify its software like the rest on the OE that make you pay if you wanna play if they want to lineup and get some center teet on The OE
            Sow in Mainland China.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

PATS programming started to get added for 16.2 It is is there for some Fords, along with injector balance, battery monitor resets and cranking compression tests. More vehicles will get added in the future.

Joe
              "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
              Henry Ford

Comment

• Scott_65
                • Mar 2012

I don't know if the changelog is the same for all platforms, but on the Verus Pro this was added in 15.4. But its only for something like 04 and newer

Comment

Working...