Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lamaro
    • Apr 2016

Hummer odo

We programmed a replacement tbcm last week and the odometer is frozen at that mileage. looking at #PIT3769B I need the Tech2 to request the bcm info. When we pass-through programmed, SPS walked us through setting up the theft, sdm and tpms modules. I don't think there was a way to enter the odometer through SPS. Is the Tech2 the only way to set the mileage?
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Which Hummer model and what year was it ?

Comment

• lamaro
      • Apr 2016

Hummer odo

2006 H3

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

According to the list here, mileage is stored in the BCM so I would go to the BCM special functions and set up menu with the tech 2 or use tech 2 win with your pass thru. also go through the RPO list in tech 2 or tech 2 win and make sure you activate the correct options.
        Attached Files

Comment

• lamaro
          • Apr 2016

The first thing I did was buy the diagnostic subscription to do this through tech2win. There are no special functions or module setup in the body menu. Today I borrowed a tech2 but every page I cycled through was the same as I experienced with the PC. I am surely missing something on this one. I have used the tech2 many times before when I was an instructor. I am new however, to j-box programming and not having all the factory tools at hand. This is also the first forum I have ever posted on. I appreciate the help!

Comment

• longhungsilver
            • Oct 2013

Was it a used bcm?

Comment

• lamaro
              • Apr 2016

No, new. It will have to be replaced with another one now that the vehicle was driven, unfortunately. I still am not sure if I can program the new BCM even with SPS and/or the tech2... I did not see anything with SPS when flashing it, and I cant find anything in the tech2 menus either to perform this function. TSB 07-08-49-02 says the odometer value is stored in the BCM and transferred with the tech2. #PIT3769B says to do the BCM with SPS, and do the SDM setup with the tech 2- but there definitely was an SPS method for setting the SDM up when I originally flashed the BCM. Conflicting and frustrating.

Comment

• longhungsilver
                • Oct 2013

Normally when u flash a GM cluster that stores the mileage (some models) it will ask u during programming for current mileage. You would think the bcm would do the same...

Comment

• lamaro
                  • Apr 2016

You would think. A post on this forum showed a screenshot from greasybob helping a person flashing an Saturn. It showed a way to enter the mileage on SPS. That is why I subscribed to (my first) this forum. Could something have happened during the first SPS flash, certainly. Maybe that screen got bypassed, I am just not sure. If the TSB says use the tech2 to do it and the PIT says use SPS and the tech2 to complete BCM setup, I would hate to make the same mistake on our 2nd new BCM (which we were able to warranty out).

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

When you open up the tech 2 win after entering the vehicle ID there should be a screen that has diagnostic, programming, sps etc. on it. I think at the bottom of the list is " set up ". Enter here rather than through BCM diagnostic menu. Can't remember for sure. I'll hook up to a GM later and let you know.

Comment

• lamaro
                      • Apr 2016

On the tech2 I borrowed, that front menu after entering in Diagnostics/ 2006/ Hummer/ H3, does not have a request info for SPS on it. The body menu does not have it, but the Engine, SIR, etc. do have the request info for SPS option. I do recall on other vehicles seeing what you are saying. Maybe it is a Hummer thing. I definitely appreciate any help this forum can offer. Hummer does not have to be done tonight, going fishing tomorrow, forgetting about work- if it doesn't rain.

Comment

• SpartanAutoworx
                        • Aug 2016

Bump on an old thread.

Not sure if you found the answer to the odometer issue. I do alot of work with this particular style of clusters.

The Speedometer does not get any mile info from the BCM in this particular HUMMER. The only location that the info is stored is in the Speedo itself.

As for why its not counting im not sure. I would check the speed sensor and make sure you have good serial data comm between the BCM and the Speedo.

Comment

Working...