Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

10.2 software/function list

Well,this area appears to be empty,is it worth uk guys and girls comunicating here?

Looking to obtain a full function list, book form with some form of tick system saying which machine can do what, or is the list to endless ?
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • Jay G.
    Administrator
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by andybaz
    Well,this area appears to be empty,is it worth uk guys and girls comunicating here?

Looking to obtain a full function list, book form with some form of tick system saying which machine can do what, or is the list to endless ?
    andybaz, I don't understand your question can you be more specific on what you are looking for?

Jay

Comment

• andybaz
      • Apr 2009

Hello Jay, the function list i talk about,i have asked the question to SO UK an no return views,so only can asssume this is not a viable request, wont be relevant to the US market,as the info would have to come from CORK for the UK market.
      SO UK have requested i resend my emails so they can view, but my view is why should i, why did they simply DELETE without reading in the 1st place ??
      Have sent many emails,and plenty have been deleted without being opened, i can only presume that the others sent, SO UK did not click the email receipt return box,may be these went unread aswell.
      Im simply just gona sit back now an wait till my 2yr finance is up,then readdress the problems and see if i get a response that way, i thank you for your interest in this.

I appreaite SO is a large organisation and dont expect prompt reply's,just a pitty there isnt a UK web site for registered DIAGNOSTIC tool owners can work more closely with SO UK, there is some form of UK site but again, we have to pay for it, so im paying for a tool, im paying for deffective upgrades,we have to pay for the next upgrade if we want the previously purchased upgrade possibly corrected, a know fault carried through 3 upgrades,i will be very dissapointed if i come across the fault if it is still there in 10.4, originated from 8.4.

Any way,enough of airing my views, which also have been forwards to SO UK.

Cheers andy
      Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Matt@KLPS
        • Nov 2010

Hello Andybaz,

I believe an Application Guide for your relevant software is what you require, these have been improved on the 10.4 addition to give more information with regards to Functional Tests/ Special Functions (i.e. DPF Regen, EGR Reset, Injector coding, etc) that the software can do.

The Guides are available from your franchisee.

Hope this helps

Matt

Comment

• nemo
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Matt@KLPS
          Hello Andybaz,

The Guides are available from your franchisee.

Hope this helps

Matt
          Hi,
          Yes they are. When new s/w is available from the Franchisee the application guides are there to support it. Ask your local dealer for one. There is a lot of good information in it.

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

Hi all, appreaite all views, i have the APPLICATION GUIDE 10.4, but this does not cover my request/query.

If SO UK cant answer the question, i doubt the question will be answered, my selling rep/dealer is purely a salesman van driver showing and selling the SO product, todate 04.12.2010, i am still waitng on a days training course i asked for when i purchased the S'Pro on 2yr finance which is up next March 2011.

I am a dealership techy with 20yrs under my belt,my spanner knowledge is vast, but unfortunatly,i have bought the S'Pro and been left high and dry to resolve my own problems.
            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• BTR1
              • Sep 2010

I agree with Andy i bought a solus pro 3 months ago from my dealer with the 10.4 update already done i paid in pound notes and was told i will get a days training i am still also waiting but very slowly getting to grips with the machine

Comment

• andybaz
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by BTR1
                I agree with Andy i bought a solus pro 3 months ago from my dealer with the 10.4 update already done i paid in pound notes and was told i will get a days training i am still also waiting but very slowly getting to grips with the machine

HI,the days training is not free,its a pay for item i believe, i will be pushing for all my requests once my 2yr finance is up,will be interesting to see if there is any assistance to my queries.
                The evening training course (seminars),we pay for, not what i was expecting and you receive a certificate at the end (couple months later) which says you attended/passed the course etc. Looks nice on the business premises wall, all it is, is a certificate to say you attended a seminar,not a course.

I have many questions of how to's etc,this is my own personell machine which has very light use in my place of employ, ie they aint taking the MICK with my machine. Sitting back and see what happens......
                Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• Matt@KLPS
                  • Nov 2010

I have many questions of how to's etc,this is my own personell machine which has very light use in my place of employ, ie they aint taking the MICK with my machine. Sitting back and see what happens......

Hello Andy,

Don't hold back on you questions, feel free to ask us now!
                  The product support line is there to help you with the use of your tool, undocumented or manufacturer specific codes and communication issues.

The number to call is 0845 6066512 (local charge rate) or you have my email address / extension number which I sent to you via PM.

Regards

Matt

Comment

• autodoc
                    • Aug 2008

solus pro

hi andybaz i've been having this problem with my s/o rep for a while as well
                    i bought my soluspro on upgrade by exchanging my mt2500 "biggest mistake i ever made" because that machine"mt2500" was sweet it gave me no problems i've had my soluspro now for about 2 & a half years now and from i bought it i've had to send it back once already within three months because of communication problems i had it back and they were supposed to reconfigure the software on it which wasn't done i'm still on software version 8.2 because my s/o rep ie van driver man still haven't sorted out my mandatory upgrade which they say you're entitled to at the end of the year when you've purchased the machine,and the've got the gall to want to be charging 800 pounds for the machine to be updated. i'm presently looking to sell mine because for that money i can get a better platform just by putting a bit on top.

i'm kinda lucky that i've got quite a few other machines to fall back on .and to be honest with you i've got the latest updates running on one unit which i use quite regularly i'm talking about 2010 software i bought this machine with 2 years update standard and i only spent 1400 quid for it i can go online whenever i need to & at my convenience which is where s/o fall short with the soluspro and other platforms. i've had to train myself to use my mt2500 so when i got the soluspro i was practically an expert. i've been on quite a lot of the courses offered and yes you have to fork out for the training seminar for them to tell you something that you've already know . the only good thing about it is the acknowledgement certificate which looks good on the wall.so if you need a bit of help navigating around the old "solus pro" you can send me a pm.

Comment

• autodoc
                      • Aug 2008

Hmmm

ps watch that 0845 number as well guys it will cost you a fortune.......

Comment

Working...