X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IDT7
    • Dec 2009

Audi A3 central locking pump/remote programming

Hi all.
    I've got Audi A3 where I've replaced central locking pump/control module,and issue now is remote transmitter doesn't work,c.locking does work from interior button and door key barrel.

What I know about key programming procedures on this car is that I can program new key(with old module)using two keys one in ignition switch and other in driver's door with unlock button pressed etc.

I've got only one key available.

Is it possible to write only one remote fob to blank control module?

I've tried expert mode but no idea.

See some attachements pictures,any ideas?
    Attached Files
  • markt
    • Apr 2011

have a look through there..might apply to youre vehicle.

Comment

• IDT7
      • Dec 2009

thanks Markt,Looks like on my Audi instrument pack is the immobiliser ecu,car starts and runs ok so immobiliser is synchronised,what isn't is central locking remote function,the pump/control module in boot does it,I wonder if I could program remote to brand new virgin ecu with expert mode,

On ross tech A3

channel 35 doesnt show any additional functions ???

Comment

• markt
        • Apr 2011

hi.
        never used the snappy for any vw stuff so this might be different to my launch x431 layout but the basic platform should be the same so here goes.

46 central control module or 35 central locking
        select adaption

in channel number select 21,display will show key learn,
        press + for amount of keys to add( adapted number will change) i dont know if the snappy will have + symbol or arrows to select number?
        press remote fob,
        display will change to key recognised,
        press/select ok.
        exit module and check remote operation.

Comment

• IDT7
          • Dec 2009

No luck,it says 'function not supported'

We have managed to get second key of customer and I've tried to follow this procedure:
          1.Insert first key in ignition and switch ign. ON
          2.Using second key manually lock the driver's door and remove
          3.Wait 5 secondes
          4.Press second key unlock button once to program key (key number 1 for ecu) indicators flash
          5.Wait 5 secondes
          6.Press unlock button again ,car unlocks to confirm the success for key 1
          7.Remove first key from ignition,insert second key,switch the ignition ON
          5.Using first key manually lock the driver's door and remove
          6.Wait 5 secondes
          7.Press first key button twice to program key (key number 2 for ecu) indicators flash
          8.Wait 5 secondes
          9.Press unlock button again,car unlocks to confirm the success for key 2

It all happens but car still doesn't lock and unlock from remote
          Last edited by IDT7; 06-12-2011, 11:16 AM. Reason: incorrect procedure

Comment

• Trindaddy
            • Jan 2010

Hey ID. Try doing a complete cap drain by carefully shorting batt cables for a minute. Make sure you have radio code just in case. This anomaly sometimes happens with Vdubs with batt changes and disconnects. It may help you, I don't why this happens to them.

Comment

• IDT7
              • Dec 2009

Job Done!

Ok Job done.
              Thanks to mr.X who is audi technician I've managed to get it done,and this is how.
              1.New pump/control module comes with default coding(configuration code)
              2.I had to put old pump back on car,read ecu identification,and CODING
              3.Put new pump on car,connect solus,go to expert mode.
              4.Go to 35 central locking,go to 07 ECU coding,change the CODING in new pump.
              5.Program the remotes.
              I will post some pics on monday because I've saved my every screen when doing it.
              Thanks for all help.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by IDT7; 06-13-2011, 12:12 AM. Reason: Images

Comment

Working...