X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamie.taylor1980
    • Feb 2012

Ethos update

hi everyone

I have recently brought an ethos scanner of the van with 8.2 software the deal was he would update it to 11.4 but he has every excuse under the sun not to do it he pluged it in his laptop today and he now says he needs a software patch??? is he just fobbing me off again,, can he do it on the van? why would he be so reluctant to do it.

hope someone can put me write on this thanks in advance
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

Snapon Dealers are charged for every update they perform on any diagnostic tool. Your dealer may have spoken too soon before realizing this, or just tried to make a sale, and is now stalling. I always make a salesperson put whatever they say in writing. HTH.
    S. Breland

Comment

• Bob's Garage
      • Nov 2007

Possible board upgrade

Originally posted by jamie.taylor1980
      hi everyone

I have recently brought an ethos scanner of the van with 8.2 software the deal was he would update it to 11.4 but he has every excuse under the sun not to do it he pluged it in his laptop today and he now says he needs a software patch??? is he just fobbing me off again,, can he do it on the van? why would he be so reluctant to do it.

hope someone can put me write on this thanks in advance
      Hi Jamie,

Here is what I think. The older Ethos could not go past 9.2 software. This is because the main board lacked memory and processor power. I think your SO guy is finding this out. It costs about 500 bucks or so to do that. So, he may have realized that he can't follow through on the deal he promised.

Ask him point blank. Is this the obsolete Ethos?

I know this upgrade issue is true because I had to get one of mine upgraded.

Good Luck, Bob

Comment

• jamie.taylor1980
        • Feb 2012

hi bob

thanks for your reply, i agree spoke to a chap today and he told me the same thing. going to try and get my money back and buy a more up to date one or a solus been having trouble connecting to peugoets all models and ford diesels
        hope the updated version is better

cheers jamie

Comment

• diesel71
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jamie.taylor1980
          hi bob

thanks for your reply, i agree spoke to a chap today and he told me the same thing. going to try and get my money back and buy a more up to date one or a solus been having trouble connecting to peugoets all models and ford diesels
          hope the updated version is better

cheers jamie
          Jamie if your thinking about getting a differant scanner id like to recomend a solus or ultra-solus, any one of these will work great when you work on the ford diesel"s. you will be able to perform many functional diesel tests that realy help when your working with a diesel.

Comment

• lottysvdub
            • Nov 2011

Now my views on the Solus pro ..... good bit of kit in all fairness but not as cracked up to be as good as my dealer told me .I have also had some major issues with mine ( 3 months old ) wouldnt connect to anything in the end but fingers crossed has been sorted .
            I can say they do work well on all Peugeot / Ciroen cars as i work for Citroen , all the latest software for re-gens and injector coding etc etc , they also work well on fords too ..... that i know as i own 3 of them from a v6 Cougar to a new focus tdci and it works well on both of them .
            I have been told today by my dealer that snap on are aware of an issue with a few of the later Solus pro's like mine and that there will be some sort of update via " shop stream " in the near future .
            So if you can get a good deal on a Solus pro deffo go for it but i would advise that you ask to borrow your dealers demo unit for a few days so you know what your getting before you shell out around £2000 for the unit .

Comment

Working...