Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neil P
    • Oct 2012

2009 2.2D Mazda 3 DPF Light

Hi folks, need a bit of help if possible please.

I have a 2009 Mazda 3 2.2 diesel with the Mazda MZR CD engine in it. The DPF light also serves as a service indicator and the local dealer charges a fortune just to reset it.

I get the car serviced at my local Ford/Subaru garage who do a great job at a great price but they say that they can't reset the light????

Not sure what Snap-on gear they use, but I was wondering if anyone knows if these lights can be reset with anything other than an expensive Mazda laptop and diagnostic software?

Thanks
  • Georgio
    • Feb 2011

Maybe they cant clear it because the fault is still present ???

Comment

• Neil P
      • Oct 2012

Fault?

No there is no fault present, it's the service function of the DPF light. It comes on when your service is overdue but is reset via OBD at Mazda when the oil and filter is replaced.

I need to find out if there is equipment available to reset it myself as Mazda charges a fortune to do it.

Comment

• IDT7
        • Dec 2009

11.4 should do I've done it on 2008 mazda 6 after forced regen but yours shoul need resets only good luck

Comment

• brad_m
          • Dec 2012

The DPF light does not function as a service light. If Mazda told you that they are full of it.

The light will come on solid if the DPF goes through to many regenerations between services.
          Mazda are reseting the the 'oil data' which tells the ECU the oil has been changed and it resets the regeneration count back to zero.

Incorrect oil and driving style/conditions will effect how often the DPF will go through a regen.
          It is also highly recommended to check your oil level every week, those cars suffer from BAD oil dilution with frequent regens. There is a full point and a maximum point on the dip stick. If it gets to the max point go straight to your mechanic.

That reset became available in 12.2 on my Modis and the last update of my carman scan. (sorry don't recall the software version)
          Before that, our local mazda dealer would charge $80 to do the data reset and would also be very rude and arrogant to the owners of the cars (I think the rudeness and arrogance was free of charge )

It can not be reset manually.

Your owners manual will explain the function of that light.

Comment

• landroverman1958
            • Feb 2010

dpfe

I had a mazda 6 with a dpfe lamp on,did some background,your are right about oil dilution,if the level of the oil goes over the X on dipstick, that bringsvthe lamp on,then its oil change time,its a 5volt sensor at rear of eng bay,shows just over a volt at idle,lots of info on 12.4 3 temp sensors on close coupled cat,i pressure washed filter n cat out drained overnight,reset all adaptions n was a fix

Comment

• paulthepilot
              • Oct 2012

Had the above problem with a "6" too,dont forget they are oil spec critical.

Comment

Working...