Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alwayslearnin
    • Feb 2013

Audi A5 service reset

Hi all, i'm trying to reset a service indicator on a 2008 audi a5 3.0tdi. Went into instruments general service reset and then read/write adaptions for inspection reset. All seems fine on MMI, service is reset but still service due is displayed in instrument cluster every time you key on/off? Should i have used expert mode? Thanks for any advice or help on this.
  • paulthepilot
    • Oct 2012

Yes you need expert mode and reset two channels in module 17 instrument panel,51 and 54 spring to mind but not certain,reset to zero instead of one.

Comment

• Rph14
      • Jan 2014

Am having similar issue. After going in expert mode and module 17. Can anyone confirm the correct channels?

Comment

• alwayslearnin
        • Feb 2013

Hi channels 50 and 51 will edit miles/days for oil service. Channels 52 and 54 will edit miles/days for inspection service. Have you checked out ross-tech site? I did an A6 the other day without a problem. Having said than vag group vehicles are a pain, having to use channel n.o's! What is the point!? Hope this helps

Comment

• markt
          • Apr 2011

the snappy should adjust the channels automatically....there should be no need to go into expertmode and manually change them as there is from memory about 6 or possibly more groups that will need data altering if its the esi reset???

unless youve done a few or have at hand exactly which ones require changing then leave well alone.lol as things can go horribly wrong

Comment

• markt
            • Apr 2011

VAG service light break down

Adaptions 002 = Service Reminder
            1 = ON
            0 = Off

Adaptions 040 = Mileage since Serviced in Km (just Serviced = 0)
            Adaptions 041 = Time since Days Serviced (just Serviced = 0)
            Adaptions 042 = Min Mileage to Service = Distance in Km = ???
            Adaptions 043 = Max Mileage to Service = Distance in Km = ???

Adaptions 044 = Max Time to Service = Days
            365 = days - 1 year
            730 = days - 2 year

Adaptions 045 = Oil Quality
            1 = Std oil Service
            2 = Long Life oil Service

something along them lines ???

Comment

• alwayslearnin
              • Feb 2013

Hi Markt...I totally agree. If unsure off what channel n.o's require changing I would leave well alone. The A5 I originally posted on had to be changed manually? But the A6 I did last Thursday was adjusted automatically, thank goodness! I always love seeing a vehicle with one icon in the menu stating SERVICE RESET

Comment

• dgsnap
                • Nov 2009

You need to go into service reset and click on view existing service reset values. Then scroll down to channels 53 and 55 those two channels have a maximum of 720 days . Then come out of that window and go into
                manual read/write adaptions enter channel 53, ok , enter value put in 000 press enter ok then press continue . Do the same for channel 55

Comment

• dgsnap
                  • Nov 2009

service reset

You need to go into service reset and click on view existing service reset values. Then scroll down to channels 53 and 55 those two channels have a maximum of 720 days . Then come out of that window and go into
                  manual read/write adaptions enter channel 53, ok , enter value put in 000 press enter ok then press continue . Do the same for channel 55

Comment

• Rph14
                    • Jan 2014

Thanks peeps. I too did an A6 today without such issues. Told me it was changing adaption values. Press ok...done!

I need to sort the A5 still.

Il try again and go from there.

Comment

• Rph14
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by dgsnap
                      This seems to have worked a treat. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...