Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • treeboy
    • May 2013

audi a3 vag system

hi guy hope someone could help have a 2000 a3 1.6 (avu) idie problem and need help with the vag system.
    Iv done all the normol things cleaned throttle body and check maf, the reading i done says it should idle at 650 -750 rpm but it in the low 550 /610 rpm
    So it has been said that you can go in to the vag system and set idle but i dont know the chanal or blocks and just dont want to go in blind
    I using the solus pro
    Any help would be granty taken

Oh yes checked vac. Pipes and the thermstat
    And just so you know the problem is, in first and rev. as you putaway the rpm down so low it stalls, sits fine

Thank again for your time and help
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Maybe the PCV system is gunked up , broken, missing dipstick , causing un metered air leak at dipstick tube, valve timing belt off a tooth.
    Would be music to my ears if Snap On, or Someone had a handy cut to the chase Cliff Note guide for the most common VAGnerds symphonic code to try certain things to make Bach'shop movement go in a little less constipated manner in order to Get Tur'd Done.

Comment

• markt
      • Apr 2011

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...Alignment_(TBA)

have a look on here..providing the throttle body isnt at fault.
      any codes stored??

Comment

• treeboy
        • May 2013

No codes and the air leaks pcv i have replaced the o ring so no air leak that i can tell, oh yes haved done a throttle reset.
        i had the some problem with the old engine which have oil rings burned/worn out so we swapped whole engine with the throttle body havent tryed swapping thrrottle over yet but thinking more to do with ecu?
        I could easy be wrong? What are your thought?
        Thanks you your suggestion

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Aaargh , a used engine swap by your students? Best go back to basics before pulling your remaining hair out , especially if your students put a new T-belt on it before it was installed, and if it's got variable cam timing tossed into the mix. Repeat after me Twice : Suck, Squeeze , Bang, Blow LOL

Comment

• treeboy
            • May 2013

Thanks im shore the time is fine but i will try a wd40 leak test but still thinking need to bring up the rev on tic over guessing i call the help line and hope they can talk me throuth the channals and blocks in expert mode

Comment

Working...