Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

peugeot 306 engine light dlc connection

Hi, got a call: peugeot 306 1.4 P reg (96) KFX model, checked my auto data book, either a 16 or 2 pin plug. Wento to job.

Gets to job, goes through all screens, get to final and it says: CONNECTOR PSA-2 & key S11 or DL & key s-50 and give location lower dashboard drivers side.
    NO PSA-2 or DLC 16 at the drivers dashboard.

Can only find the 2 pin plug at the engine ecu under the bonnet on the NS, so i cant read this, not with MANUFACTURER or OBD or EOBD.

I connected PSA-1 with the dual power lead in its side fitting and im unable to read the car.

Any one know how to connetc a solus pro to a 1996/7 peugeot 206 and read its code with the 2 pin plug ?, apart from changing the engine preference from a KFX to a 1995 a KDX, this KDX option runs 306 1.4l cpi cat, dont know what cpi stands for (i=injection, i know that ?)
    Last edited by andybaz; 06-18-2011, 01:05 PM. Reason: ops, its a 206 & not a 306 - sorry
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • landroverman1958
    • Feb 2010

use the dl-16 connector,location of daignostic socket,try behind glove box panel nearside key no 50 i think for peugoet

Comment

• andybaz
      • Apr 2009

hi my friend, looking again tomorrow, will ahve to unscrew remove glove box to see what if anything is available, im pretty sure there is no DLC 16 facility on the car, update tomorrow.
      Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• hefaus
        • Dec 2007

Cpi

Originally posted by andybaz
        hi my friend, looking again tomorrow, will ahve to unscrew remove glove box to see what if anything is available, im pretty sure there is no DLC 16 facility on the car, update tomorrow.
        Hi cpi stands for central port injection. keep smiling

Comment

• andybaz
          • Apr 2009

cpi - i know it as spi - single point inj, different countries, different terminology .

Back to the car, there is no facility for DLC16 or PSA-2 as directed by the software 10.4, i altered the year to a early year, instead of 96, changed to 95, im working with a KFX engine but the solus is wrong, so i changed to a KDX single point inj. to be able to use the 2 pin GREEN connecter, scanner reports back - NO COMMUNICATION.

Another FAILED READ form sent this morning to SO UK, will see what reply comes back.

The car is a P.306 mpi, KFX motor, driven fine, parked up, next day wont start, no spark at plug, 2v's showing on 2 pins of the crank sensor and im showing only 1.2v on 3 pins max at the coil multiplug while cranking.

Unable to interogate the ecu for investigation, amy be have to use the flash code procedure ?
          Last edited by andybaz; 06-18-2011, 01:06 PM.
          Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by hefaus
            Hi cpi stands for central port injection. keep smiling
            To keep smiling, i need SO UK to assist when i ask and not be ignored
            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
              • Apr 2011

no flash codes on these cars andy..only serial data through the 2 pin connector,trying to flash code it through this will pop the ecu if it isnt already as they are most common for non start conditions.
              our launch struggles to read these early systems..most of the time we have to use the bosch,our snappy only has the 16 pin lead but it will talk to the kfx engine ok when fitted with this plug so not sure what you can do to get it to talk to it if youve got the 2 pin lead.
              failing that i get my very first scantool out, a Haynes PFCR ,bought it back in the 90's.lol...talks to them no problem.
              can you scope the current supply at the coil when cranking?? usually blows the transistors for it in the ecu as they cant build up enough current to fire the plugs when the ecu requests it.
              5 volt reference at engine sensors present?
              earth and grounds ok to ecu ?

Comment

• andybaz
                • Apr 2009

Hi mark, was going to try the flash code procedure using an LED as directed by autobook and see what scomes of it, bu ti appreiate what you are saying (ex citreon techy 80-90's).
                Diagnostics is new to me, self learning, very little tutition via employer, until we get a job in, then get the book out for test values and spec etc, so getting stuck in outside work, odd jobs here and there.
                Scope, now thats new to me, again no training here, so i simply use rule of thumb, look for my 5v supply's for my sensors,and yes, if SO would answer the training questions then may be i can learn more.
                1 observation with the coil pack mulitplug, the coil connection fine but the glued resin top surface looked like its got hot, cracks etc, but taking into consideration the cars age 95/96.
                The multiplug inside looking at female pins nice an clean just like the male pins on the coil pack, BUT the outer rubber boot again looks like its got very hot at some point.
                Weather stopped play this morning, joys of working outside away from a nice workshop

MT do training packages on a regular basis .
                Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
                  • Apr 2011

am pretty sure you should be getting battery voltage at pins A and B of the coil pack with ign on..woth a check on wiring and as feeds/earths also.
                  2v at crank sensor sounds ok.
                  worth a resistance check at coil pack connectors..pins 4 and 1, 0.55 ohms
                  pins 4 + 2 same again 0.55 ohms...
                  worth a look online to subscribe to the autoinform magazine,some nice test procedures to look at and Frank massey dvd's are a must have ( ordering mine soon )

Comment

• andybaz
                    • Apr 2009

Opsss, just reread this, its a 306 .
                    Still waiting for guy to call me to say ecu tested.
                    Last edited by andybaz; 06-18-2011, 01:06 PM.
                    Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
                      • Apr 2009

Update:

Just had a call from my client.... he has replaced coil,plugs,crank sensor, but he didnt send ecu away for testing, so he's been experimenting, he's now going breakers for a similar model/make ecu, good luck i say, as he wont know wether it will a good or bad one .

His P 306 runs a immobiliser key pad, wandering if any one on here knows if the immobiliser system is in the ECU or the key numeric pad, as i know the immobiliser on the diesels citreon is in the key numeric pad, so if the numder unit is in the numeric pad, then the ecu should be able to be replaced and not be effected by the key pad.

So asking if any one else has swapped ECU's successfully ?

cheers andy
                      Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

Working...