Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

vauxhall corsa B 1.0 12v 3cyl -P0130

Hi all, i code read a vaux meriva pet 1.6 zetec, but i forgot to keep my engine data movie for it, loads of codes and poor runing, which boiled down to a incorrectly working AIRFLOW meter.
    No i am looking a vaux CORSA B, attached is the SSC movie (hopefully), there is a graph there, that is called 'mass airflow required idle- i am guessing that this a KNOW graph of values supplied by SO ?
    My 02 sensor is switching, only 1 fitted to the car, code stored is P0130, the test data on S'PRO appears to point to another 02 sensor on the car, but the car is only fitted with 1, so a little unsure on wether i can use/trust the test procedure.

So im looking at the AIRFLOW meter comparing to the 'airflow required' graph, interested in your views, as i said my 02 sensor is switching, exhaust system is fine, all the air trunking appears to be intact, some help and opinions greatly appreaited....
    Attached Files
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

looks like cant open the 1st file, so here is the original, hopefully this will work
    Attached Files
    Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• andybaz
      • Apr 2009

OK, i'll approach this another way, any one know how to get screen graphs from a solus pro via ssc ? to display here, im currently using windows 7, latest update and struggling to read graphs & movies from last year aswell.
      Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
        • Apr 2011

Andy
        p 0130 also refers to the heating element inside the sensor..you will need to check its resistance to see if its ok.this could be the fault the scanner is showing you rather than its sensor side.

Comment

• markt
          • Apr 2011

if you select air mass voltage and plot it at 16X in graph mode you should get i nice voltage rise and peak at around 3.5 volts.
          had a quick look at youre file and the numeric value for the sensor doesnt change much when its revved near the end of the movie will be better viewed on graph mode or scoped/voltage meter.

Comment

• andybaz
            • Apr 2009

Hi mark, going back at weekend to get another ruuning value data, bit curious, when i look at the graphs:
            graph- mass airflow (idle)(kg/h)
            graph- mass airflow (required(idle)(kg/h)

Seen as i get no joy from SO UK , i will put all my helps here and hopefully one day will know what im doing with my GLORIFIED CODE READER .

Now does the grpah entittled required: i wander if this is a supplied known data graph supplied by SO? may be, as you poss saw, its different to what actually is happening.

My code P0130 relates to HIGH VOLTAGE and not the heater side. Hence why i was wandering what input others have to say about the airflow meter.

Thank you for your input.
            Attached Files
            Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
              • Apr 2011

its best to take the required values with a pinch of salt..always best to look at voltage output as this is a better reading than the kg/h group.
              also have a look at egr feedback voltage( if fitted to this model) should be no higher than 1 volt,ideally abot .70 - .90 . with ign on.
              good luck

Comment

• andybaz
                • Apr 2009

Going back thursday night to get some more running data, due to lack of training (SO) only use graph facility on solus pro for runing data
                Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
                  • Apr 2011

just had a look on TIS for vauxhall and it suggests a fault on the heater side also...best check as described in last post

Comment

• andybaz
                    • Apr 2009

2x road test drives

Ok people, update, graphs evry nice, i can understand some of them and lost with others.
                    Sympton- 2 movies attached, pay attention to vehicle speed, up to 50 on the clock and the eml light on for about 3 secs, a 10 tonne weight put on front of car, keep the accel pedal flat to the floor and the speed just drops right off, then it cleared a little, pedal still to floor,then again speed drops right off from 50 right down to the 30 window with pedal still flat to floor.
                    Code thrown is P0130 : 02 sensor circuit voltage high.

Know i know af meters can throw systems out, so any one got any views an idea's, cheers andy

Ps: i did set the screen record to start when the PID highlighted - but it did not work, again if SO assisted with what i ask for, i would sound so much of a grease monkey numpty
                    Attached Files
                    Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
                      • Apr 2011

had a quick try with recording a movie today on me dinner break.not sure how sucessful it was as me shopstream craoked.lol.will try again tomorrow

Comment

• andybaz
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by markt
                        just had a look on TIS for vauxhall and it suggests a fault on the heater side also...best check as described in last post
                        I had TIS 2009 which had diagnostics on it, but it dont work on my new windows 7 pc so like an fool binned it, now i got a old windows xp machine and i managed to rebuy a tis 2009, just need to load it up, if you buy TIS now, it does not come with the diagnostics file with it, so this xp machine will house all my fiat - vaux- ford etc disce and epc's .

Been on the bba reman website and the airflow meter is a know common fault, so i may just take a chance....... needs to be a good strong guess though
                        Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

• markt
                          • Apr 2011

worth a try am sure it will work though,dont forget to reset any adaption/lambda block values afterwards if available.

Comment

• markt
                            • Apr 2011

finally got shopstream sorted and looked a bit further at the movie shot..no doubt theres a problem with that air mass,would do a resistance check down wires to ecu before replacing just incase of a problem ,also a voltage check at the back of sensor on output wire just to confirm the ecu is seeing the same signal output as is being diplayed through the live data just incase the ecu is packing up internally( long shot but highly possible on these engines)

Comment

• andybaz
                              • Apr 2009

Hi mark, been rushed a bit, studied my movie as best i can, i did a meriva with a similar problem, loads of running issues, but as i said to the guy as this was a home job , if i cant be sure for definite i will say so, anyway he was out the following day and broke down, had some one look at it for him, and after 1.5 hr testing (obviously indepth), he confirmed af meter - replaced - like new , i did take some footage of that car aswell prior to repair, the guy called me an said what happened, and what was done, atleast he had the decency to call me an apologise he had to get sorted sharpish, trying a new AF meter this week end on the car- will update and re'record if cures, cheers upto now
                              Toyota pro tech & ata

Comment

Working...