Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ESAB&C
    • Sep 2012

Verus Communication Issues

I'm a new member, hoping this is a good place for me to figure out yet another issue with our yr old or so Verus. It will not communicate wih any car, plus every 5 min or so I get this message pop up

I've done the update 5-6 times now, every time it says update successful but I still get this message.
    Eastern Shore Auto Body & Customizing
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

Do you have the first Verus, or second? If you have the first, then are using the wireless S3 module? What version of software do you have. When asking for help, please give as many details as you can, there is no such thing as too much info when trying to solve a problem !
    Last edited by sbreland73; 09-20-2012, 10:32 AM.
    S. Breland

Comment

• ESAB&C
      • Sep 2012

How do I tell if its 1 or 2? The scan module does have a S3 on it, not sure if that helps any or not. And I'm gonna need some help in finding the version number.

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ESAB&C
        How do I tell if its 1 or 2?
        A generation 1 Verus also has a built scanner hardware. If you hold the Verus in your hands like your looking at the screen, tilt toward you and look at the far right of the top. Next to the right hand grip at the top, there will be a small recess with a computer cable connection (or a cable connected if you have it). The Gen 2 is missing this connection
        The scan module does have a S3 on it, not sure if that helps any or not. And I'm gonna need some help in finding the version number.
        The version number is basically when you had the Verus updated last. If you have the S3 module, use the USB cable that came with it and connect the small end to the S3, and the larger end to the USB port on the top of the Verus. Perform the "Update Firmware" as instructed. If you have done this already and are still getting the message you posted, there is a patch to download for that issue called "perpetual firmware download"

Sorry if this may be hard to understand, as I am trying to recall this from my memory. Looking at your screenshot, it appears as if you do have the S3 connected.

Try this: http://www1.snapon.com/cc/Firmware_V_1.exe

Click "run" and follow instructions (if any), and this should fix you up.
        While these forums are a great source of info, and help, Snapon Tech Support is pretty good too. The number is on the back of your Verus.

HTH
        Last edited by sbreland73; 09-20-2012, 03:21 PM.
        S. Breland

Comment

• SnapOnKid
          • Jan 2011

How to I.D. Generation and Software

The easiest way to tell is the part number on the back of the tool. It's located on a silver Tag that says SnapOn Verus with one of the following numbers;

EEMS323 is the Generation 1 unit
          EEMS325 Is the Generation 2 unit

To bring up the software version when the scan tool software is running, Click on the Menu icon down in the lower left corner.

A grey box will appear in the upper left corner, click on the one that says Help.

Another grey drop down will come out of that, click on the Version Info

You will See Version number and Bundle Number.

The Bundle number will tell us what version of Diagnostic Software you are running. For example it should appear as 12.2.1 This would tell us that you are running version 12.2 with the 1st version. If there was an update or a patch available and you downloaded it, it might look like 12.2.2 and that would tell us the software is the second version. Some software will have a revision or a patch to fix known issues, while others will not change.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• ESAB&C
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by sbreland73
            The version number is basically when you had the Verus updated last. If you have the S3 module, use the USB cable that came with it and connect the small end to the S3, and the larger end to the USB port on the top of the Verus. Perform the "Update Firmware" as instructed. If you have done this already and are still getting the message you posted, there is a patch to download for that issue called "perpetual firmware download"
            I have done that update with the USB cable connected 10-12 times, no change.

Sorry if this may be hard to understand, as I am trying to recall this from my memory. Looking at your screenshot, it appears as if you do have the S3 connected.

Try this: http://www1.snapon.com/cc/Firmware_V_1.exe
            Tried this, no change.

Click "run" and follow instructions (if any), and this should fix you up.
            While these forums are a great source of info, and help, Snapon Tech Support is pretty good too. The number is on the back of your Verus.

HTH

It is a 2nd gen, and the bundle # is 11.2.

Comment

• sbreland73
              • Jan 2009

Your S3 scan module could be defective. I would call Tech Support.
              S. Breland

Comment

• phill57
                • Oct 2007

Perpetual firmware update request from S3 module.

Hello there. Did you get this resolved? My gen 1 Verus started this today and will not work to communicate with any car. I'm running 11.4 Version 2.2.1.2555. I called tech support and they are saying the S3 is likely defective.

thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...