How to switch back to cabled connection from the S3.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

How to switch back to cabled connection from the S3.

Hello

I'm experiencing a problem with my S3 bluetooth adapter with my generation 1 Verus. Can someone explain how to switch back to use the original DLC cable and pesky keys?

thanks
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Ok I'll answer my own question.

Well I searched the Verus forum and Snap-On FACs and could not find anything. checked on the IATN Snap-On Handheld Forum and Bingo. Below is a quote from that forum in case someone has to go back to hardwired cable.

"from the diagnostic suite. tap system settings, then paired devices. then tap the add selection. the system will look for available devices and will find the usb Verus hardware again. just select it and you should be back in business."

Hope this helps someone else.

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by phill57
      Hello

I'm experiencing a problem with my S3 bluetooth adapter with my generation 1 Verus. Can someone explain how to switch back to use the original DLC cable and pesky keys?

thanks
      The problem you are experiencing is a fine example of one of the reasons
      I had hoped Snap On would have done a couple of hardware solutions to offer us: a keyless cable for the older scanners or a Verus in which the wireless scanner module actually docks.Wireless may be neat or even handy, but I still feel a hard wired connection is more reliable overall.
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• phill57
        • Oct 2007

Bluetooth S3 module

Well an update in case this happens to anyone else. As I mentioned before I was receiving a message to update firmware on the S3 bluetooth adapter a few days ago when I went to scan a vehicle. I had then connected the mini USB cable and followed the on-screen prompts which reported the update was successful, (it was very quick?). After rebooting I would get the same message. Tried the update several times, each reported successful but still no go. Tried scanning a couple vehicles without updating and all kinds of crazy issues occurred with the network in the vehicle. Warning lights on, radio stations changing, DIC reporting error codes and the cluster doing weird stuff. I gave up and called tech support who basically said the S3 was defective and it would have to come in for repairs.

So reverted back to the cabled setup and then found another thread on this forum where someone mentioned the perpetual update request was addressed with a patch. Downloaded and ran the patch. Had to reestablish the link to the S3 and perform the update again. This time the update took several minutes after which it has been working fine. Have scanned 12 different vehicles since with no further problem. I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

Glad that worked for you, it seems it did not for the other user I recommended this to.
          S. Breland

Comment

Working...