Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • landroverman1958
    • Feb 2010

Uk 12.4

OK good morning all from Wales-thats in the UK ha ha I,m sure you all know that
    I had 12.4 put on my Verus yesterday, yup thats right traded a as new modis on 12.2 for a two yr old hardly used 1st gen verus,
    Ihave to say there is no Jaguar on here and not any new coverage so what is on here to make us spend our money on going to 12.4?
    not amused shall we say for over £1100 a yr update
  • PW_UKAT
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by landroverman1958
    OK good morning all from Wales-thats in the UK ha ha I,m sure you all know that
    I had 12.4 put on my Verus yesterday, yup thats right traded a as new modis on 12.2 for a two yr old hardly used 1st gen verus,
    Ihave to say there is no Jaguar on here and not any new coverage so what is on here to make us spend our money on going to 12.4?
    not amused shall we say for over £1100 a yr update
    I would imagine it still has 12.2 if Jaguar is not included, 12.4 has only just been released, so you may need to ask your dealer to load the latest software

This is a file of what's new, I can post the new application list as well if required

Peter

Comment

• landroverman1958
      • Feb 2010

Well all i can say is on the software version on the verus it says that it is 12.4 and that all the different parts- scanner,scope etc are functional, also it does not list Jaguar in the coverage in scanner, so i must presume its not there or its not installed correctly,,,,,,,,,, Great

Comment

• TurboJim
        • Jan 2007

Well all i can say is on the software version on the verus it says that it is 12.4 and that all the different parts- scanner,scope etc are functional, also it does not list Jaguar in the coverage in scanner, so i must presume its not there or its not installed correctly,,,,,,,,,, Great
        Do Mercedes, Volvo, Land Rover, Audi, VW and BMW show up? Maybe you dont have Euro, or it got botched in the update?

And FWIW, if its an S-type, I have had good success IDing as a Lincoln LS of the same vintage. If youre trying to get into a Non-Ford Jaguar, that wont work LOL
        Jim Testa
        Senior Technician
        JD Automotive & Truck Inc
        Dover, NJ

Comment

• landroverman1958
          • Feb 2010

Good evening all, an update for you-been on to snap-on support, they remote accessed the verus but could not not make it load jag or seat or skoda, so its being removed and re installed over the wireless network, or baud rate in work is around 0.75byes/* secgiving an install time of approx 6hrs

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
            Snap-on D&I
            • Nov 2006

Good evening all, an update for you-been on to snap-on support, they remote accessed the verus but could not not make it load jag or seat or skoda, so its being removed and re installed over the wireless network, or baud rate in work is around 0.75byes/* secgiving an install time of approx 6hrs
            One thing to make sure of is that the list of makes you see is not the favorites list which could be a subset of the makes available.
            check the selections on the top toolbar on the makes screen.
            If there is a selection for Favorites, you should be looking at the whole list

Comment

• landroverman1958
              • Feb 2010

Hiya, an update for you all,yesterday am snap-on support rang to re-load the down loaded over night programme,woked ok everything back to normnal, used then until lunch time then lost comms with the car a Smart fortwo with a 45kw engine,
              4 warning lamps on- abs, brake, ! lamp and air bag, origonal fault came about when steering cloumn uj disconnected to check for roughness of lower steering ball joints,
              the faults read on car (before 12.4) steering wheel sensor no signal,and undocumented code,the sensor is part of the steering wheel, very expensive£550.00
              suspected faulty module, checked and had high and low can signals and ground also battery voltage at multi plug behind steering wheel,
              replacement of steering wheel only option in uk,
              Went to fit new wheel, no comms after(12.4) tried using breakout box and scope pin 4 and pin 16 no activity, i think due to a bad fuse holder coonection in main fuse box,
              Today no comms with 3 different makes of car,,,, ford vauxhall another ford, phoned scan line they tried remote access to a 2009 ford ka no comms,he said there was a patch for the verus so that was put in and scanner reflashed,,,,, now all working as it should,
              ps then plugged into smart car, had comms was able to read codes and reset the abs,air bag,and re calibrate the steering sensor very pleased service manager,,,

Comment

Working...