Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

12.4 bug report

Have an Acura 2001 TL 3.2L 19UUA56631A017671.

Verus Pro with 12.4.1 reads = P0700 (A/T System Malf) on Eng side and No Codes on Trans side.
    Modis with 10.2 reads = P1739 (3rd Clutch Press Switch) on Eng and Trans side.

WHATS up with THAT???????????
    S. Breland
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Minor problem

I noticed since 12.4 and 12.4.1 that when you are viewing customer records or the saved vehicle history list and you select some fields and delete some, you can resize the columns but when you open the list again you will have to resize again. I am pretty sure that was not the way it used to be at least with 11.4.

just a minor annoyance

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

Transmission Codes

Originally posted by sbreland73
      Have an Acura 2001 TL 3.2L 19UUA56631A017671.

Verus Pro with 12.4.1 reads = P0700 (A/T System Malf) on Eng side and No Codes on Trans side.
      Modis with 10.2 reads = P1739 (3rd Clutch Press Switch) on Eng and Trans side.

WHATS up with THAT???????????
      It almost seems it was being scanned in generic OBD mode when it wasn't. I hate when these kind of things happen but you were smart to question why a P0700 code which technically translates to the TCM has requested the MIL be illuminated, had not logged a code in the TCM. I would have tried another scanner too. I had this once on a Ford pickup using and OTC Genisys but don't remember the exact details. Did you try manipulating with the Verus and choosing another year? Is there a possibility it was incorrectly identified when the Verus was used?

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

Also, the "time" reported on the vehicle history report when codes are scanned is WRONG. This is more important than you know. A case in court could be lost because of a small "technicality" like this, as an example.
        S. Breland

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by phill57
          It almost seems it was being scanned in generic OBD mode when it wasn't. I hate when these kind of things happen but you were smart to question why a P0700 code which technically translates to the TCM has requested the MIL be illuminated, had not logged a code in the TCM. I would have tried another scanner too. I had this once on a Ford pickup using and OTC Genisys but don't remember the exact details. Did you try manipulating with the Verus and choosing another year? Is there a possibility it was incorrectly identified when the Verus was used?
          Yes Phill it would seem as that might be the case, OBDII scanning, but I was in Manufacture. And I'm positive the TL was ID'ed correctly.
          S. Breland

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

Not sure if you want to make this a continuous list of problems found with 12.4 or not but here goes another one. 2005 Suzuki Forenza I was trouble shooting for a P0420. The temp, RPM and 02 data is all messed up when scanned from the manufacturer side of things. I can assure you that this car was not idling at 8000 RPM, probably not capable of that kind of speed with out damage. The OBD data seems a bit more on target. VIN KL5JJ56Z95K095129
            Attached Files
            Last edited by greasybob; 10-20-2012, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• Wheel
              • Jul 2007

You know, with all the hard drive space available on these, and with bugs in software getting worse instead of better, it's a real shame they can't figure a way to allow several different updates to co exist on the tool at the same time rather than one overwriting the other. At least when it came to situations like these, you could switch to older software
              allowing you to go ahead and scan while they figured out the new bugs,
              rather than crippling your scanner to where you had to use another one.

One thing I liked about the Modis over any of the other scanners is the presence of the legacy software. Kinda like having 2 scanners in one.
              You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• phill57
                • Oct 2007

another scanner on board

I have Auto Enginuity and OTC Pegasys software on my Verus and that helps but having to try other things is always a pain.

Comment

Working...