Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

Vehicle CODE history

In 12.4.1 after scanning for codes, the only ones that are visible in the history screen are the first ones scanned. They do however all show when you print the history report. Pretty sure this was not an issue before, this would not be eco-friendly to have to actually print the code history on paper every time you wished to review them. Also, as this has been mentioned before, it would be GREAT if the module name appeared next to the date and time that the codes were retrieved, so we would not for sure which module the code came from. As some vehicles and modules share codes, it can be confusing.
    S. Breland
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

OK, this is my mistake. After rolling mouse over to the code section, I see the scroll bar appear, and all my codes are there. Don't know why Snappy chose to hide this bar.
    S. Breland

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

hidden scroll bar

I noticed this too and wondered what was going on until I moved the mouse pointer over the area and the hard to see scroll appears on the right. I also noticed this is the same if you save multiple recordings as attachments. same thing happens. I also had to figure out which was the most recent attachment. Turns out it is the top one like the codes listed. You cannot resize the attachments window so that you can see the file name in its entire length which includes the date and time now by default, (if you use the quick save icon).

As was mentioned on other posts, we need to see which controller the codes were pulled from in the list. It would also be helpful and add a lot more to the recorded pid files if we could add comments to those recording that we could see before opening a recorded pid file or lab scope file. When you save a lab scope recording the long way you get the option to put in a comment but you can's see it anywhere when you open it in Atlas. It is available if you open the recording in SSC though.

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by sbreland73
        OK, this is my mistake. After rolling mouse over to the code section, I see the scroll bar appear, and all my codes are there. Don't know why Snappy chose to hide this bar.
        I am so glad you mentioned this. I really complained to Snap On about this very thing and explained why we need a Windows type scrollbar that doesn't disappear because of this very reason. If you, a seasoned scan tool user can be tripped up by this, what chance does someone of lesser experience have?
        The people that use these every day need more input into the tool development than they have now and problems like this would never make it to production.
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

Working...