Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aajim@hotmail.com
    • May 2015

No Buffer

I have a used Verdict that I bought off of the truck about 6 months ago. about 3weeks ago I turned it on just like I do every day. When windows was trying to load it went black. After fiddling with it for a bit I saw were I could restore it from the start up screen so I did. it worked all day. The next Day it did the same thing. I restored it again and the scanner has worked since. I noticed a few days ago that I took forever to Zoom the scope then yesterday I noticed that now in scope the buffer is doing some weird stuff and it is not reading right when the buffer dose start working. Anybody Have any ideas besides sent it in??????
  • andre104623
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by aajim@hotmail.com
    I have a used Verdict that I bought off of the truck about 6 months ago. about 3weeks ago I turned it on just like I do every day. When windows was trying to load it went black. After fiddling with it for a bit I saw were I could restore it from the start up screen so I did. it worked all day. The next Day it did the same thing. I restored it again and the scanner has worked since. I noticed a few days ago that I took forever to Zoom the scope then yesterday I noticed that now in scope the buffer is doing some weird stuff and it is not reading right when the buffer dose start working. Anybody Have any ideas besides sent it in??????
    Your hard drive sounds like it might be going bad. I would backup everything clone the hard drive and replace it.

Comment

• aajim@hotmail.com
      • May 2015

I don't think I want to tackle that right now. I Restored it one more time and it worked ok for a bit but is still freezing up in scope mode. Dose anyone know about how much snap on will charge to put a new hard drive in it?????

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Well you don't know for sure if a flakey power source or the mother board might be true causative failure of drive issue yet.So if that were the case, and they are unable to salvage the existing hardrive image, you could be spending around this amount to fix it with a new update. Do you feel Lucky? Can't see why if you can't just get a new Windows Tablet for $500 at Micro center, Don't see why they don't develop a slide on adjustable Snappy Adapter for back of tablet with the external hardrive holder, scope module , and 12 pin scanner cable adapter.

Last edited by Witsend; 11-23-2015, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• aajim@hotmail.com
          • May 2015

Ya I'm worried that Snap on Just puts a hard drive in it and it still has problems then what. I am glad I did not pay $8000 for this or whatever the price was a few years ago and this happens I would be real MAD. I see that other people have had problems with this machine. I'm about to scap the whole project and go with Autel and an Industrial Scope or a PICO

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Ya I'm worried that Snap on Just puts a hard drive in it and it still has problems then what. I am glad I did not pay $8000 for this or whatever the price was a few years ago and this happens I would be real MAD. I see that other people have had problems with this machine. I'm about to scap the whole project and go with Autel and an Industrial Scope or a PICO
            I'm sure if you sent it out and get it repaired it would be fixed right albeit could run as much as the Chinese flagship scanner if it needs a Mo Bo besides a hard drive. If I were you ,I would clone the drive .Refer to link below and buy a Solid State drive if your drive fits the description.

http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...ht=verdict+SSD

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

I wonder if any one has ever taken one of these Toyota Techstream Diagnostic

... had someone knowledgeable partition it and with Bios password or whatever you need for changes, and be able to set it up for dual boot mode on start up with an image of a drive from a defunct Verus ?

Comment

• aajim@hotmail.com
                • May 2015

Well after trying to get a straight answer from Snap On Tec and making sure that I was not doing something wrong I fixed it by buying a new Verus Edge. Ha Snap on was talking $1000 to $2000 to fix the one I had and $1200 to update. then I Still got a pile o ****. They made me a pretty good deal and I got to keep my M2 Meter too so I hope a few years down the road I'm not back on here mad again.

Comment

• sbreland73
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by aajim@hotmail.com
                  Well after trying to get a straight answer from Snap On Tec and making sure that I was not doing something wrong I fixed it by buying a new Verus Edge. Ha Snap on was talking $1000 to $2000 to fix the one I had and $1200 to update. then I Still got a pile o ****. They made me a pretty good deal and I got to keep my M2 Meter too so I hope a few years down the road I'm not back on here mad again.
                  Coming from a Verdict to an Edge, I suspect you will be quite pleased. The Edge is a real nice piece of hardware. Keep in mind, if you decide to use the M2 meter, you have to pair it with the Edge first. If you wish to go back to the built-in scope, you will have to re-pair to that again.
                  S. Breland

Comment

• aajim@hotmail.com
                    • May 2015

I assume that I will have to undock the 4 channel module and then Pair the M2. There are not a lot of times that I need more than 2 channels and I like the wireless so there is nothing to trip over and wreck my new scanner. I also assume that the M2 will work well with the Verus. No one has said so?

Comment

• sbreland73
                      • Jan 2009

I do not think you have to remove the Edge's scope module, just pair the M2 is System Settings. I have not done it myself, but have read on here where others have.
                      S. Breland

Comment

Working...