X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gruchol
    • Oct 2008

error code 0 -0x0 851082

Hi,
    I want change size tires in mustang 3.8 2003, but when flash new size show me error code 0 -0x0 851082. Someone knows where is the problem?? Use Snap on pass thru I(actia) with FMP98, battery on laptop and car is fully charged.

Check PCM software, but FMP write the PCM have latest software. It is possible write again stock latest software? Ask becuse have guess PCM is tune and engine not work good.

Thanks,
    Mati
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

If they have a flash tuner like sct etc, remove it first, then change with ptp and reinstall tuner.

Comment

• gruchol
      • Oct 2008

I don't know because mustang buy used, but try today on stock town car 2000 and have the same error.

Comment

• jm43130
        • Apr 2008

Not Sure If Your Problem, But After You Downloaded Fmp 98, Did You Follow Instructions And Select Ptp2 As Your Device?

Comment

• ttrain0331
          • Oct 2013

software glitch

Hey,

This 0 -0x0 851082 error code seems to be a common problem FMP using a J2534 pass thru device. I have a Pass Thru Pro II and use to receive that error on many applications, trying reprogram.

I have since purchased the Ford IDS with wireless! This is the bomb! No error codes.

When using the aftermarket version of the IDS. The FMP site, I had to uninstall the program(FMP) and reinstall it, and once it was installed, go to Module programming and go to the pull down menu of module parameters, click then on tire size. It should give you a list of optioned tire sizes for the model in question. It should let you pick and install the new size.

The motorcraft FMP site is different than the IDS site. Sometimes the FMP software glitches as it does not Mazda or Chrysler(that I know of) installed on same pc.
          Just a thought.

Cheers,
          T Elm
          "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!" Wayne Gretzky NHL hall of famer

Comment

Working...