Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

Toyota Techstream Antitheft Question

So I have now had 2 problems programming Toyota anti-theft. One was a 2007 toyota 4runner and the second one was a 2011 toyota avalon. After doing Full reset of anti-theft, converting seed to passcode and waiting the 16 minutes, the antitheft light stays on, I cycle the key 4 times as per the instructions, light goes out, but crank and it starts then dies off. I check the DTC on engine and its the same dtc that the PCM has before programming antitheft. B2799. The antitheft light never blinks but the dtc won't go away and car no start. I have done this using the china cable and also my CarDAQ- Plus 2. And both have failed after trying 3 times each. Wait 16 minutes, cycle key, antitheft light goes off, Crank but No Start. This is a china cable(But I use CarDAQ Plus 2 as well) and techstream that I have does not connect to toyota servers but I have done other older toyotas using this techstream and it

In both cases I called another guy who has the original techstream and pays for the service. He has done both cars succesfully in 15 minutes. My question is, does toyota need server communication to do certain cars? I have programmed antitheft toyota that are 2003-2005 with no problem. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post.
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

A jumper wire in pins 13 & 4 of the DLC connector and then turn ignition On for 30 minutes will start the the ECM communication ID initialization process. Then turn ignition OFF, remove jumper from DLC, then attempt to start. Not found in Alldata but Identifix.
    S. Breland

Comment

• Superflash007
      • Oct 2011

30 minute pins 4 & 13

Sorry, this is the handshake to initialize a replacement ECM to the IMMO ECU. This does not "reseed" the IMMO ECU when all keys are lost.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Superflash007
        Sorry, this is the handshake to initialize a replacement ECM to the IMMO ECU. This does not "reseed" the IMMO ECU when all keys are lost.
        Would you happen to know why I'm having this problem? Do I need Original subscription? Thanks

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

I have another toyota here. A 4runner 2005. Did the reset with Seed and after following instructions, light flashes and turns off after key cycle. But, same code. Starts but shuts off right after. These cars are the death of me. Has no one here ever done PCM replacment with used PCM's? I'm gonna do the 30 minute thing that sbreland recommended. IF that works, I will officially stop doing these cars. I have 2 tools that reset the immo, but when I follow instruictions, light turns off, but I try to start it and no go. Cranks but shuts off right after. And antitheft code doesn't go away. These cars I swear!!!!

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Confucius say car that don't run and gathers rust become Toyota Corroda

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
              • Apr 2011

xD Good one

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
                Confucius say car that don't run and gathers rust become Toyota Corroda

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                  • Apr 2011

Anyways, I found how to program these **** cars. No more calling the programmer. In house now baby!

Comment

• jm43130
                    • Apr 2008

What did you do?

Comment

• bestdamgarage
                      • Apr 2016

Yeah give it up what's the trick

Comment

• Tech10
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
                        Anyways, I found how to program these **** cars. No more calling the programmer. In house now baby!
                        Yes, share the love!

Comment

• Pabliniboy
                          • Mar 2011

30 min relearn after you replace a PCM

Comment

Working...