X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

P0340 and P0341, Honda Civic SOHC 1.7MPI

This car is a 2003 civic has over 166k and the customer has been kicking the Tbelt replacement down the road far enough that I thought the belt might have jumped already , but it didn't and actually didn't run bad for the test drive . Customer claims it sputters out and stalls . Found the connector was easy to get at .Verified ground , battery voltage, and 5 volts at their respective connector terminals. Decided to scope and picked up what appears to be a ghost spike that seems to dance across and change positions . Not sure what is causing it to be triggered.Hoping to get ok to do a the timing kit w water pump, valve cover gasket etc at same time I pull the upper cover .
    Attached Files
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Well I changed the camshaft position sensor and the pulley does have one thinner extra square protrusion for TDC#1 reference ,so the extra spike on the pattern is normal . The timing belt must have been replaced before, so I just did the valve lash check with new valve cover gasket and air filter.
    decided to see how it drove for a few miles and warm it up before I was going to change the oil and filter and coolant . The car drove great without setting a CEL for either P0340 or P0341, but came back with a pending P0420 for Catalyst efficiency that I didn't see in it before. I held off doing the oil and filter change and coolant change until the customer is first made aware of it.

Comment

Working...