Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > ZEUS User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 01-22-2019, 10:33 PM

ricardo65 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Key Coding

Hello I cant program a key to a 2016 Nissan Altima with my Zeus I'm running software 18.4. In the vehicle coverage guide it says it could be done. But when I go into body control module-immobilizer it says not supported. Can someone give me some info on this? Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InkedCapture_LI.jpg (885.6 KB, 53 views)
Old 01-22-2019, 11:29 PM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

All KC probably means is Key copying. Meaning it can copy an existing working original equipment key's ID and write that ID to another correct new key if you have one or two already. If all keys lost and you don't have a working key you are SOL and likely need a subscription, J-box and lock smith ID.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:12 AM

Steve6911 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

I would call the help desk as KC stands for Key Coding and the 18.4 software guide shows it is supported. A J-box will not work for this as Nissan only allows Engine and Transmission support with one for that year.

Capture.JPG

Last edited by Steve6911; 01-23-2019 at 04:55 AM..
Old 01-24-2019, 10:32 AM

ToltecasChavez Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

None of Snap On tools can do Nissans. None. Get yourself a Launch. But I haven't done one of that year yet. Not sure if that car is turn style or proximity. Proximity Keys are a bit different to program. Either way, If you're into this, it takes a lot of reading. It's how I'm able to program a "ALL LOST KEYS'" on a 2018 Honda accord using a Snap On and another tool. Very easy once you do it the first time. Same with Toyota, Snap on can add keys and erase all existing, but cannot do "ALL KEYS LOST". I use another machine for that. It sucks, but it's doable. If you have the time to study and read, ALOT. I am self taught. No one taught me anything. Good Luck!
Old 01-24-2019, 12:56 PM

SnapOnKid Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6911 View Post
I would call the help desk as KC stands for Key Coding and the 18.4 software guide shows it is supported. A J-box will not work for this as Nissan only allows Engine and Transmission support with one for that year.
Steve, did you take note of Nissan's J2534-1 recommendations of supported Equipment???
Old 01-24-2019, 01:57 PM

Steve6911 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOnKid View Post
Steve, did you take note of Nissan's J2534-1 recommendations of supported Equipment???

Of course I did, I have used the PTPII without any problems but if there was an issue I would bet that Nissan would provide NO support!
Old 01-24-2019, 07:40 PM

ricardo65 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Thank you very much guys, for the great info. I am going to call Snap on and see what they say.