X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

2007 Mazda CX-9 missing injector data pid

2007 Mazda CX-9 3.5L California Emissions

There is spark duration data for the individual cylinders but no Injector data.

The only place it even shows anything for injector is in the "Fault/Monitor data"...

Suspecting a bad driver in the ECU at this point. Sure would be nice to see what the ECU is reporting...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SnapOnKid; 01-25-2019, 10:16 AM. Reason: removed vin.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Maybe For Sh@ts and Giggles workaround , think I would be tempted to try and see if the Mazda Turd could be manually entered as a 3.5L Ford Edge.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
      • Jan 2011

So I had a chance to get in the Vehicle with Genuine Mazda IDS using a Genuine Mazda VCM II.

Looks like FORD decided Injector data was not necessary on this vehicle.

The Mazda IDS that was borrowed would not allow us to ID the vehicle as a Ford. Possibly do the fact that Mazda and Ford pretty much dissolved sharing there drive trains a few years back.

We also tried to ID it as an 2008 CX-9. That uses a different PCM but was able to see what Pids and much to my surprise they had no pids for Injector data there as well.

Here is what Data is available from the factory for the 2007 Mazda CX-9 and I believe Snap On pretty much has all the same.

So Kudo's to SnapOn!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

THANKS for posting your findings Joe!!!!

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

Hence why Mazdas are not the friendliest when attempting to diagnose, they INTENTIONALLY omit pertinent data for us to use, IMO.
          S. Breland

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Hence why Mazdas are not the friendliest when attempting to diagnose, they INTENTIONALLY omit pertinent data for us to use, IMO.
            I dunno, thought my old Port Freight 08 was on a first name basis with the Mazda Turds I worked on.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by sbreland73
              Unfortunitly it was a joint venture with Ford. The 3.5L was also used in the Ford Taurus, Ford Edge, and Lincoln MKZ.
              IDS is also a Ford thing.

If anything Ford left the data out...

Comment

Working...