Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 02-07-2019, 09:18 AM

amusa Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default How do you reset the SRS unit

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 was left in below 10 degree weather outside and triggered the SRS system (light on). I pulled the codes but can't clear it. Since the SRS unit behind the ashtray is not communicating. This vehicle never had a airbag deployed.

Here is the codes that I pulled
B107C, Tele Aid ECU - A35/8 Fault In Communication
B1076, Upper Control Panel ECU - N72/1 Control unit
B1041, Driver Knee bag Ignition Squib - R12/25 Ignition Circuit Resistance Value Wrong
B1043, Restraint Systems ECU - N2/7 Coding is Faulty
B105B, Restraint Systems ECU - N2/7 Coding is Faulty
B1072, Front Right Child/Passenger Seat Occupation - B48 Coding is Faulty
B1055, Driver Side Seat Buckle Switch - S68/3 Short Circuit to Battery Voltage or Open Circuit
B1058, Passenger Side Seat Buckle Switch - S68/4 Short Circuit to Battery Voltage or Open Circuit
B106D, Front Right Child/Passenger Seat Occupation - B48 Short circuit to ground
B106C, Front Right Child/Passenger Seat Occupation - B48 Fault in Communication.

Keep in mind that B1041, This vehicle never came with Driver Knee bag Ignition Squib.

How do you reset the SRS unit or reprogram? Is this something I need to have a Mercedes STAR diagnostic tool to do it?
Old 02-07-2019, 06:18 PM

Glide Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

If the SRS unit isn't communicating you will have to find out why and fix that problem first.You can't program it or clear codes if it won't communicate.
Maybe a mouse got in and chewed some wiring?After the car was left in the cold did you have to boost the battery?
Old 02-08-2019, 11:11 AM

amusa Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide View Post
If the SRS unit isn't communicating you will have to find out why and fix that problem first.You can't program it or clear codes if it won't communicate.
Maybe a mouse got in and chewed some wiring?After the car was left in the cold did you have to boost the battery?
The vehicle started up with no issue. I did not touch the battery at all. I'm going to dive into it and pull the SRS unit out and check each wire. If this does not resolved it. I'm taking it to my friend (Mercedes Tech) that owns a Star tool. I see if he can unlock the unit and re-coded it.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:48 AM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
The vehicle started up with no issue. I did not touch the battery at all. I'm going to dive into it and pull the SRS unit out and check each wire. If this does not resolved it. I'm taking it to my friend (Mercedes Tech) that owns a Star tool. I see if he can unlock the unit and re-coded it.
Before the car kicks your @ss, you might want to check the fuse box under hood at the firewall and inside, sometimes some of the fusebox terminals just have a meltdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmvfvJs01Eo&t=95s

Last edited by Witsend; 02-08-2019 at 07:07 PM..