Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 02-14-2019, 08:06 AM

Dr Dave Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default so can i reset this

can it be reset with a old version tech 2 ? can my new zues reset it ? can a battery voodoo reset it ?Or all these tens of thousand dollars of equiptment I still need to go to the dealership?
Old 02-14-2019, 08:19 AM

Steve6911 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
can it be reset with a old version tech 2 ? can my new zues reset it ? can a battery voodoo reset it ?Or all these tens of thousand dollars of equiptment I still need to go to the dealership?

See Snapon Kids first post in this thread. Some vehicles it can be set, other use the O2 sensor readings right after fuel up so it is a virtual reading and has no reset.

Copy and paste of service information

E85 Flex Fuel Description

E85 compatible vehicles no longer use an alcohol sensor to determine and adjust for the alcohol content of the fuel in the tank. Instead, the vehicle calculates the alcohol content of the fuel through measured adjustments.

The ethanol calculation occurs with the engine running after a refueling event has been detected via a measured change in the fuel level sender output. The virtual flex fuel sensor (V-FFS) algorithm temporarily closes the canister purge valve for a few seconds and monitors information from the closed loop fuel trim system to calculate the ethanol content. This logic executes several times until the ethanol calculation is deemed to be stable. This may take several minutes under low fuel flow conditions such as idle, or a shorter time during higher fuel flow, off-idle conditions.

Air-fuel ratios and the corresponding ethanol percentage are updated following each purge-off sequence. The fuel alcohol content percentage value can be read on a scan tool.

When an E85 compatible vehicle is built, an ECM or PCM replaced, or if the learned alcohol content has been reset with a scan tool the fuel system will need to contain ASTM gasoline with 10 percent or less ethanol content.

A minimum of 11 liters (3 gallons) must be put in the tank in order for the vehicle to recognize a re-fueling event. It is not necessary to turn the ignition OFF in order to have the re-fueling event recognized, however local safety regulations should be followed.

After the re-fueling event, the system registers the amount of fuel that was added, relative to the amount that was in the tank. Reading fuel trim and O2 sensor activity, the system determines if the fuel added was either ASTM Gasoline or ASTM E85. Based on that determination, the system adjusts to the expected alcohol mix in the fuel tank, and then the fuel trim and O2 sensor activity fine tunes the adjustments. The system must remain in closed loop in order for this adjustment to occur. Numerous short trips after switching from gasoline to E85, or E85 to gasoline, can result in driveability symptoms due to the inability of the system to adjust for fuel composition by not attaining closed loop operation.

Last edited by Steve6911; 02-15-2019 at 07:09 AM..
Old 02-14-2019, 09:34 AM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
so can i reset this
Maybe during the relearn time the GM truck is trying to learn the fuel alcohol content, but it has another some other issue like some of the AFM lifters are sluggish and not coming back up in a timely matter and skewing results.
Who in their right mind other than a Corn Farmers, or Doomsday Preppers are putting E85 in their trucks these days, Lol.
If it were my truck , I think I would change the oil and filter with a good 5W-30 synthetic , clean the oil pressure sensor screen , the throttle body with WD40 on a rag, Reset KAM, and Plug in an AFM disabler before one of my AFM lifters collapse for good.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:08 AM

SnapOnKid Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
Maybe during the relearn time the GM truck is trying to learn the fuel alcohol content, but it has another some other issue like some of the AFM lifters are sluggish and not coming back up in a timely matter and skewing results.
Who in their right mind other than a Corn Farmers, or Doomsday Preppers are putting E85 in their trucks these days, Lol.
If it were my truck , I think I would change the oil and filter with a good 5W-30 synthetic , clean the oil pressure sensor screen , the throttle body with WD40 on a rag, Reset KAM, and Plug in an AFM disabler before one of my AFM lifters collapse for good.
E85 Is used in Racing as well. It's way cheaper than racing fuel.

E85 is around $2 a gallon where I live Vs. 10$ a gallon for 100 octane racing fuel.

It makes more power and runs cooler but its down fall is that you use more of it and get less MPG's.