Trying to Achieve Wheel Sensor Square Wave?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Re Root Canal or Implant

Whoops ,sorry the picture did not take for need of resizing
    Attached Files

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
      Had a 2005 AWD Ford Edge up on stands with a howling right rear hub, a bad Right front ball joint, a broken right front stab link, with a code for LF wheel speed sensor in memory . When road tested it had a false ABS activation about half the time at lower speeds. My scan tool graphing didn't pick out any drop out of wheel speed.I was ready to scope the sensor out , on the stands with my Counselor 2 but an inspection of the axle tone wheel and the problem was obvious. The left front axle needs a damn extraction. Customer declined, having no money to fix car till after tax refund. Charged a half hour labor and even showed the customer which fuse to pull for the ABS .
      That's a lot of things that took time to degrade. Right front, left front, right rear.... I've always told customers to stay on top of things and don't let them accumulate....too much all at once hurts the pocket book. That looks like a broken tooth alright.
      Good that you took a look. The visual inspection revealed the problem. Too often that fundamental visual inspection is overlooked.

Try setting up the scanner and then SLOWLY increasing speed. These are not from a failing system but from a known good system just to illustrate. When there is a problem, going really slow (much slower than a normal acceleration) very often will reveal a bad signal.

Just creeping along at 4 or 6 or 8 mph for 10 or 15 seconds over a hundred yards very often identifies drop outs.
      This is where the graphing of SnapOn scanner excels. Much better than "most" OE equipment.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Skip
        Super Moderator
        • Apr 2008

The information in the Chrysler WSS testing has been changed. If you find a vehicle and are using 15.4 or newer and the information is still wrong, please let me know. The factory information I have is also incorrect, and still is.

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

In all fairness my vantage Ultra is updated to 14.4 and for some reason my Verus component tests menu won't open up since the 15.4 update. Get my Verus Edge next week.

Comment

Working...