X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Vantage Ultra as quick access stand alone scope

I know Snappy has come a long way since the MT 2400 graphing meter which is still a great usable tool today , everything now is so much faster, prettier with a nice large color screen, you can save recordings for a pattern library and view recordings with SSC, but what about just No Hoop Jumping convenience? Can you just bypass the ID' ing a vehicle, for go the guided diagnostics end, and with no BS select a scope or ohm graphing menu. I Don't wish to update a tool data base every couple years. Can you just quickly select a random VIN in memory and Vantage Ultra let you access the scope menu function when the cars start to become newer than the tool's supported data base has. Also, can you back up and restore this device software in the event it has to be restored someday?
    Last edited by Witsend; 06-15-2016, 08:13 AM.
  • BMW JEDI
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Witsend
    I know Snappy has come a long way since the MT 2400 graphing meter which is still a great usable tool today , everything now is so much faster, prettier with a nice large color screen, you can save recordings for a pattern library and view recordings with SSC, but what about just No Hoop Jumping convenience? Can you just bypass the ID' ing a vehicle, for go the guided diagnostics end, and with no BS select a scope or ohm graphing menu.
    Yes.

I Don't wish to update a tool data base every couple years. Can you just quickly select a random VIN in memory and Vantage Ultra let you access the scope menu function when the cars start to become newer than the tool's supported data base has.
    Yes.

Also, can you back up and restore this device software in the event it has to be restored someday?
    Yes.

Comment

Working...