[ATTACH]6212[/ATTACH]
    Something Snao On needs to consider.
    lol... isn't that the truth!?!?

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Sparkey
      lol... isn't that the truth!?!?
      Unfortunately so. The results of lack of communication or a company ignoring any communication it does not wish to hear.
      When a company grows beyond a certain size it is too easy for
      them to forget who it is they actually depend on to pay their bills.
      Too many large corporations have went this way and that is why there
      is such resentment of them among Americans today.
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by phill57
        Thanks Wheel for that link. I just bought one. When I first got the Verus a couple of years ago I went looking for a bluetooth mouse and or keyboard that had a mouse or trackpad built in. Everything I found was huge and takes up too much space. I have not looked for some time but this will be great. I will likely even use it to control my laptop during lectures and powerpoint. Looks like a great product and very reasonable.

Thanks again.
        I liked these so well that I showed one to my snap on man and told him
        he may want to buy a few and offer them to his other Verus customers.
        I've even wondered if they would work for Modis users.
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Here's this poll again... anyone changed their minds?
          just curious.

Comment

• Jay G.
            Administrator
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Wheel
            Here's this poll again... anyone changed their minds?
            just curious.
            I never liked the old UI.

Comment

• eddiesverus
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Jay G.
              I never liked the old UI.
              Why? what was wrong? give us a good reson that we could all agree on and we will stop nagging?
              Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• Kris H
                • Apr 2007

I never really liked the old interface much either, especially the functional test screens they looked like a kid just out of college created them, and you were limited to rolling text data pids if I remember correctly, also I didn't like how small the menu selections were. That being said there are some things I dislike about the new interface as well but niether interface has me anywhere near the top of the fence of going elsewhere for diag tools. I mean if you owned an early modis you should be adjusted to the way snap on runs it's business right? The tool is great, when your primary concern is just the interface. I can't really spit on Snap On cause it just dosen't matter to me I don't really see that great of an advantage one interface has over the other, and yes I did use the old interface alot. My technicians really hate the new interface but it's mostly because I don't let them use it enough so they are still not adjusted to it's navigation. There's my two cents!!

Comment

• eddiesverus
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Kris H
                  I never really liked the old interface much either, especially the functional test screens they looked like a kid just out of college created them, and you were limited to rolling text data pids if I remember correctly, also I didn't like how small the menu selections were. That being said there are some things I dislike about the new interface as well but niether interface has me anywhere near the top of the fence of going elsewhere for diag tools. I mean if you owned an early modis you should be adjusted to the way snap on runs it's business right? The tool is great, when your primary concern is just the interface. I can't really spit on Snap On cause it just dosen't matter to me I don't really see that great of an advantage one interface has over the other, and yes I did use the old interface alot. My technicians really hate the new interface but it's mostly because I don't let them use it enough so they are still not adjusted to it's navigation. There's my two cents!!
                  Well that said.I agree in that aspect you have, but thats not the real answer we wanted and this question was for Jay but thanks for your feedback.. I think that we just need to work on ther new UI to incoreprate the old UI data display screen and features that we realy liked and we will all be happy. lets make a list of what we like and not on this new interface and the old.
                  Not liked featuresnew UI..
                  1. Scrolling of data pids.
                  2. unable to fit more pids on screen, waisted screen space.
                  3. unable to print data list and freeze frame on single page. no Vin to print on work sheet
                  4. not able to arrange data pids by dragging and dropping as in the old UI.
                  5. not able to view data list side by side with the graphs and selecting pids to graph is too time consuming
                  6. To slow to load up especialy on the older Verus and lots of bugs with wirless ,bluetooth too slowas well.
                  7. OBD2 not as good. better on older UI especialy the quick health check. hate having to switch back and forth just to view readiness monitors, MIL status and DTCs.
                  8. hate the scanner and scope viewer in data manager. very hard to use and navigate through long file list. better to just use the Shopstream software to view files and navigate.
                  Liked features of the new UI
                  1. easier to select vehicle and faster to load once selected.
                  2. Data display when running some bidirectional tests,but not offerd on all test. still needs work.
                  3. more user friendly and easier to navigate through the menues.
                  4. Scope and compoments testing easier to select and use
                  5.offers wireless support and finaly got rid of those pesky keys.
                  Well that said I dont know of any other better thing to say of the new UI. feel welcomed if i missed any others.
                  Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

Working...