Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crackerclicker
    • May 2008

She has served us well . . .

Despite a rough beginning, the Verdict has proved to be a long reliable machine that may ultimately match the longevity of the venerable MODIS. But, I see Snappy has finally placed the dreaded "Software Upgrade Only" banner across her in true tombstone fashion. So, any thoughts or foresight into what Greek god/goddess will take her place?
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

[QUOTE]So, any thoughts or foresight into what Greek god/goddess will take her place?
    Reply With Quote[/QUOTE
    Ancient Greek Two Channel Scope
    Paratestis

Comment

• GypsyR
      • Jul 2017

Hopefully Athena because apparently Greek gods having names that start with Z kinda suck.

Comment

• crackerclicker
        • May 2008

[QUOTE=Witsend;61010]
        Paratestis
        I'm completely certain there's something wrong with you, but I like your sense of humor.

Comment

• crackerclicker
          • May 2008

Originally posted by GypsyR
          Hopefully Athena because apparently Greek gods having names that start with Z kinda suck.
          Interesting you should bring that up. They have that new Apollo that I assume will be the new Solus replacement, so it wouldn't be too much to expect something along that line of thinking. Hopefully they get that Z up & running for you soon.

Comment

• GypsyR
            • Jul 2017

Apollo is the god of music, art, poetry, etc., where Athena is the goddess of wisdom. I know which name I would have preferred for technical scanner but I guess marketing decided one sounded better and who cares which Greek god is which these days anyway. Right? I guess for the older guys Apollo also reminds us of when we were big on NASA sending guys to the moon and such too.

Comment

Working...