X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • largecod
    • Mar 2015

P0016 cam and crank colleration

Chrysler grand voyager 2005 3.3 petrol.
    Have recently replaced a broken flex plate.
    Since replacement the check engine light is on.
    P0016 cam and crank sync.
    Have scoped both sensors and are perfect also within 1 degree difference.
    Apparently the only diagnostic tool that can re calibrate or re sync cam and crank sensors is the old drb3 tool from Chrysler.
    No Chrysler dealerships have them any longer as they have been taken over by Fiat.
    But I have read that the mt2500 can do this in special functions.
    So I have bought one.
    European spec.
    No good I need American cartridge.
    Can anyone tell me what cartridge it is and will it have more detail for functions and adaptions.
    Regards
    John

Ca
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I'm thinking the cam sensor signal should be seen way more many degrees BTDC then when you see the crank shaft sensor signal. Sucks if you are one hole off on the flexplate if that is even possible

Comment

• largecod
      • Mar 2015

Originally the car had no power.
      When you turned a/c on it wouldn't even move up hill.
      The flex plate was shattered and revolved about 20 degrees so the tdc pickup was way out.
      That problem is solved and now drives amazing but need to reset pcm so pcm can relearn new values for cam and crank difference.
      Most scan tools are limited in functions.
      Also have a launch x431 which is brilliant on most vehicles but not very good on American.
      Have tried solus and ethos but still lacking function and adaption programming for American cars.
      So purchased mt2500 but need cartridge for Chrysler 2005 but ones on ebay only go upto 2001.
      Can someone give me advice regarding availability on a gm,ford,chrysler,jeep cartridge for 2005 vehicles that will let me carry out this service function.
      Regards
      John

Comment

Working...