Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supercharch
    • Sep 2015

Enabling alarm on/off

I searched but found nothing so far. On a modus ultra I need to enable the alarm on a Toyota camry se 2015. Also turn horn chirp on or off. 2014 is the same is what I'm using. Is it bcm/actuator tests/ security horn (alarm)
    then alarm system? I'm not use to the new modus yet but getting there. Btw I'm installing the factory Toyota alarm system rs3200 plus with glass break sensor since the car did not come with it from factory, was an option.
    Thanks for any help. I really don't want to go have a Toyota tech use there proprietary scan tool to get this done.
    Last edited by supercharch; 09-05-2015, 07:00 PM.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I doubt that any aftermarket scanner will give you much in depth current model year coverage for bi directional controls and special functions in modules that concern the security functions.
    If someone has the Maxi cysts with current updates, it might do 2014's but from what I read on the forum, some folk they believe some OE functionality of the tool was lost with recent updates since the Ford Lawsuit.

Comment

• supercharch
      • Sep 2015

Thanks for the reply. Seems like we can't do much anymore

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

What version of software do you have???

It shows code reading and clearing, data displayed, and Testing capabilities for Body and anti theft modules but if it's an option that has to be enabled in the software, it might require a reflash to enable the option in the software.

Comment

• supercharch
          • Sep 2015

15.2 and also borrowing a verus pro with same. I just don't see a way to enable it without having a Toyota proprietary software. I was told by one of the Toyota techs that they use snap on scanners to do it but I can't get any more information at this time.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Toyota Techstream has the the Snap On name on it the cage

Here is the Snap On scanner the Toyota techs were talking about, I think Snappy created the cradle for the techstream at the least, maybe it has other components by Snappy besides.

I'm not sure if Snappy was once considering making a similar offshoot of this into the missing link Verus Ultra , between the verus pro and verus edge, but it looks even bigger and heavier than the Modis and could have been named The 4 channel Mobysis. LOL.

Comment

• supercharch
              • Sep 2015

I have a question for any Toyota techs on this site that use the TIS system. If there are any please give me a private message. It's about the alarm systems and enabling them. I don't want to go in to much detail.

Comment

Working...