Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mustang331
    • Dec 2009

useage of pressure transducers for verus

i just bought all the adapters and a 100psi transducer.want to learn how to use this in diag of eng cyl contribution and missfires HELP!!!!
  • Skip
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2008

What do you hope to measure?

Comment

• Nickb
      DSD
      • Aug 2007

You need to make all your own adaptors to hook up to the various things you want to measure. Eg, take a old compression gauge and take the hose from the gauge and attach the hose to the transducer. You now can gragh your compression tests. Very helpfull for sticking valves or leaking rings.
      You can make a fitting to cover the tail pipe and measure exhuast pulses to look for a missing cylinder.
      If you take a old coolant pressure tester and attach it to just the cap that screws directly to the rad you can check for leaking cylinder head gaskets. Just look for a pulse in the pattern (heart beat) if it has this, leaking head gasket.
      Gragh Fuel pressure, also cranking check injectors.
      Make sure to put in a copper fitting in between anything you make with it. Rather ruin the threads on the copper fitting than the transducer. Also do not measure any thing through a rubber hose extension, the rubber absorbs any patterns. The list is endless. Just get creative and hook to stuff. Once you have all the adaptors made it becomes quick and easy to do.

Good luck
      DSD

Comment

• crackerclicker
        • May 2008

i think you would be better off with a 500 psi transducer for in cylinder testing. it has a much better resolution for this than the 100 psi transducer. i have both and find much better waves from the 500.

Comment

• crackerclicker
          • May 2008

for many analysis ideas you will need to trust your own judgement and take some classes from people you know have experience in this sort of stuff. i recommend iatn and autonerdz.
          in addition to your transducers you will want to have some "overlays" to divide the waves up so you can understand them properly. some can be had for free at www.driveabilityguys.com. these are a little tricky to use at first. i used microsoft powerpoint at first, but have had good sucess with the freeware product openoffice.org for downloading jpeg and bitmap from the scope and adding the "overlays" from the driveability guys to make a good waveform with the divisions for diagnosis. they also have a new program called "tdc" that is far superior to the simple "overlays". i have not personally used this program, but have seen the propaganda and am impressed even though it does cost some green!
          good luck and i hope you enjoy entering the strange world of transducer in-cylinder testing. god knows we could all use more people testing this interesting new procedure.

Comment

Working...