Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MadMatt1372
    • Jan 2008

Issues with 12.2

Anyone having issues with 12.2? I thought "great" the vin bar is back. Only thing is it doesn't always keep it. Some times it disappears. Other problem is that sometimes with Fords they will disappear from the car history section. When it loads the history it says how many vehicles, which is correct, but the Fords don't show up. Oh and I always hit the "save" button.
  • bugdoctor
    • Nov 2008

I had a 03 ford Windstar yesterday 3.8 engine, ran full system codes & then
    ran all systems seperately and there were no codes in vehicle history.
    Had to scan a 1998 toyota camry & codes from windstar were on toyota
    history. i have no idea how that happened. When i go to work tomorrow
    i will ad vin # to thread.

Comment

• sandt38
      • May 2012

Originally posted by bugdoctor
      I had a 03 ford Windstar yesterday 3.8 engine, ran full system codes & then
      ran all systems seperately and there were no codes in vehicle history.
      Had to scan a 1998 toyota camry & codes from windstar were on toyota
      history. i have no idea how that happened. When i go to work tomorrow
      i will ad vin # to thread.
      Same thing happened to me. I had a string of codes (ABS Module Failure on a Windstar), and I had no history... I found them in the Suzuki Forenza I scanned right before the Windstar,

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

Sounds similar to the issue in 11.4 with vanishing vehicle history.

Screen shots of the issues might also be helpful.

for example ID a random car prior to working on a Ford and take a screen shot showing no codes and put a random note like Before Scanning ford. Then scan a ford with fault codes and go back to vehicle history and see if it altered the prior vehical. Then save and exit and go to another vehicle. Then go back and check the history and see if the ford showed up.

If you can, keep track of what your doing and see if you can duplicate it. I know we don't always have time but if its repeatable its much easier for the software guys to find and fix.

Comment

• sandt38
          • May 2012

FWIW I see both vehicles listed that failed to save the data were 2003 3.8 Windstars. Mine was an SEL, vin 2fmza56463bb64654. I deleted the other car that had the info saved to it to eliminate confusion, so I don't have it's VIN or other pertinent information.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
            • Jan 2011

Unfortunitly I am not running the latest software but, I Had an 04 Chevy avalanche not save data today. I went back re-did it and re-saved it. Even put in color and lic plate number. I went back to view it and it was there this time but the LIC Plate and Color data were gone.

I don't have the vin with me. But it was 2004 Chevy Avalanche 1500 2WD 5.3L

Comment

• bugdoctor
              • Nov 2008

sorry it took me so long to vin. 03 fd windstar 3.8 vin #
              2fmza51403ba93507, checked prior scanned car the ford history was not
              on it , just the toyota following ford. the other problem i have sometime
              the first car i scan after turning on verus, a screen pops up
              xt application launcher has encountered a problem. is asks if i want to
              send error report & i do, i wonder if snapon gets these messages

Comment

• bugdoctor
                • Nov 2008

just scanned a 2001 ford focus se 2.0, same thing as the windstar no
                code history in vehicle history. plus scanned in obd2 mode & at bottom
                of scanner reads no active vehicle plus did not make a vehicle history
                for obd2. i never had so many problems with an update before.
                focus vin # 1fafp34391w242480

Comment

• bugdoctor
                  • Nov 2008

snapon dealer was just here & called snapon, they said they know
                  about the ford vehicle history and are working on a fix. also the
                  obd2 vehicle history they took out of the program

Comment

• sandt38
                    • May 2012

I had another Ford save the info randomly elsewhere. I have yet to find where it is. I had a string of about 30 codes in my retrieve all memory codes feature, but they are gone now.

2003 Escape 3.0DOHC, vin 1fmcu53133kb77821.

Comment

• Bob Heybrock
                      • Jan 2011

I responded earlier to a different thread about these issues and have not had any problems since talking to tech support and they urged me to make sure of two things; One, when done with a particular vehicle "back" out as far as you can, do not use the "Stop Communication" button that often is an option, especially with Euro, next I was instructed to then hit the "Home" button to get to the main screen and then choose "Change Vehicle" at the bottom. That has worked so far for me. Note, I did find when stuff seemed to disappear it reappeared (I think) following a reboot. I don't know if this is helpful or not, hope it is. I am running 11.4 at this time.
                      Last edited by Bob Heybrock; 08-10-2012, 03:43 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Working...