Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • overhaulin
    • Aug 2014

MT2500

Is this unit compatible with 1990 Ford Super Duty or F450. I tried to run it but it goes out to scan but it ever comes back with any result and does not show any codes.

Any help would be appreciated !
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

If you are able to enter the VIN correctly , and screen correctly ID's the vehicle , a menu should come up if supported. Make sure you are plugged into the black EECIV connector and not the red connector for ABS brakes. I would take a clipped torch tip cleaner and try to clean out the female terminals of the EEC connector and plug and unplug it several times to establish a better connection . Sometimes you have to replace the corroded ones or just say F"it , just jump the 2 specific terminal wires and count the lamp flashes like folk did with a lot of Old Turds in the Day.
    Last edited by Witsend; 08-15-2014, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• overhaulin
      • Aug 2014

Thanks! I replaced all the bulbs in the dash but I still can't get an check engine light to light. Struggling...

I have a small fortune in replaced sensors without any way to diagnose; map,tps,ths,iac and lastly EEC.

The only thing I have changed on the vehicle is that I added a mechanical oil pressure sender to the truck an piggybacked the old oil pressure sensor on to a brass tee. I know on some vehicles the oil pressure controls the fuel system. Could I have created the problem?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

maybe you lost good grounds for the cab and chassis?

Comment

• overhaulin
          • Aug 2014

I think you right...good call. The MT2500 unit also states that I could a bad ground too. I'll try tomorrow an hopefully I can find the good ground.

Thanks again!!

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

Usually if the MT2500 powers up while connected to the truck the ground if OK. Those connectors are crummy though, and they can cause communication problems. Without the MIL coming on though, I suspect you may have a problem with the PCM powering up.
            "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
            Henry Ford

Comment

• overhaulin
              • Aug 2014

Thanks Joe,
              It's got a newly flashed PCM and still act like the one I replaced. When hook the MT up I can hear the relays clicking, about a dozen, but that's all I get.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Removed cables and Made sure both batteries test good and cable clamps , posts everything is clean and tight? Try attaching a battery jumper cable from the negative batterypost to something on firewall or chassis with cleaned metal, do the same thing with the other cable from the negative battery post to clean metal on the engine. Any visual spark ing when attaching or things powering up would indicate want of a ground.
                Last edited by Witsend; 08-16-2014, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• overhaulin
                  • Aug 2014

Update...Snap On MT2500 does work on medium duty trucks. I found a loose connection on the fuse panel and now the truck runs great. Afterwards I was able to put the MT2500 on the truck and it scanned out perfect. Hot damn!

Thanks again for all the support!

Comment

Working...