Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by INLANDSMOG
    Had same problem with my MODIS, Wound up having to send it in and repaired at no charge. Main board problem.
    I had no problem with it until I tried to do the system restore. Hope it did not do damage to the mother board. Seems like software crashed to me. My dealer said he will come by tomorrow a.m. and re-load the software for me....find out more then I guess....

Thanks!
    MasterWrench

Comment

• INLANDSMOG
      Banned
      • Oct 2006

Hey Master,
      What IP address does the MODIS show, if it is anything other than 192.168.x.x then your MODIS is not acquiring an ip from your router. Also why are you using ad hoc and not infrastructure? I am assuming that you are using a router, correct?
      Last edited by INLANDSMOG; 02-20-2007, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• MasterWrench
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by INLANDSMOG
        Hey Master,
        What IP address does the MODIS show, if it is anything other than 192.168.x.x then your MODIS is not acquiring an ip from your router. Also why are you using ad hoc and not infrastructure? I am assuming that you are using a router, correct?
        No router, no network. Just my laptop and the MODIS.....
        MasterWrench

Comment

• MasterWrench
          • Oct 2006

Dealer came by and had to send MODIS off. Now I get to wait until it comes back and go from there. Get back to ya' all when I get it in my hands...

Thanks
          MasterWrench

Comment

• MasterWrench
            • Oct 2006

I have my MODIS back now so if you have any ideas for setting up the AdHoc network connectrion between my laptop and MODIS only. No internet, no router or network, I'd be happy to try any suggestions.....
            MasterWrench

Comment

• INLANDSMOG
              Banned
              • Oct 2006

I don't use ad hoc but if I have time today I will try that setup and see what I find.

Comment

• Transman
                SDE Member
                • Oct 2006

I believe I will have a window to do that tomorrow and make the notes needed to help you set yours up. I also believe you will need a router to make it work. The router is the comm link to communicate between two computers. It is possible to wire two computers together but it is a royal pain. Not to mention how finicky the wireless setup is between the Modis and anything! Once it is setup it works very well indeed. So I would recommend a cheap wireless router. I am game to try it without one but don't count on success. Transman
                We can be right or we can be wrong, But we don't learn from being right!

Comment

• INLANDSMOG
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2006

I have sucessfully created an adhoc connection between a wireless laptop and the MODIS and have been talking to Wrench via PM. Basically when the MODIS is set up as adhoc it shows up as another wireless system (router) to connect to.

Comment

• Transman
                    SDE Member
                    • Oct 2006

Excellent news! I was certain he would need a router. I am glad to know he won't. Transman

Comment

• MasterWrench
                      • Oct 2006

Still no luck

I am right back where I was before my MODIS crashed......

The AdHoc network is there with good signal strength, my laptop utility says it is "automatically" connected to it and I would have to manually disconnect.

I cannot "play" with this at work because my boss got pissed last time so I have to do this in the evening or on the weeked only.
                      MasterWrench

Comment

• Transman
                        SDE Member
                        • Oct 2006

When you say "right back where I was" does this mean you are connected and working? Transman

Comment

• MasterWrench
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Transman
                          When you say "right back where I was" does this mean you are connected and working? Transman
                          LOL....no, go back farther....LOL
                          Last edited by MasterWrench; 03-10-2007, 04:59 PM.
                          MasterWrench

Comment

• Transman
                            SDE Member
                            • Oct 2006

It probably would be easier for you to tell us what the problem is now especially with all the other stuff that has gone down since the beginning of this thread. I believe that what you have now is communication showing on both pieces of equipment but when you try to link it says words to the effect that you are not connected. Is that close? If this is the case then I recommend you uninstall the pclink software from your pc reboot the computer then re-install the software and tell us if that worked. There is a patch from snap-on to help with the pc link networking problems. Transman

Comment

• MasterWrench
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Transman
                              It probably would be easier for you to tell us what the problem is now especially with all the other stuff that has gone down since the beginning of this thread. I believe that what you have now is communication showing on both pieces of equipment but when you try to link it says words to the effect that you are not connected. Is that close? If this is the case then I recommend you uninstall the pclink software from your pc reboot the computer then re-install the software and tell us if that worked. There is a patch from snap-on to help with the pc link networking problems. Transman
                              Yes that is it....

I have the AdHoc network set up and my laptop is connected to it. I do not know if my MODIS is set up because I just got it back and am not wanting to go borrow a mouse so I can check the settings in the MODIS. I would think that when they "fixed" it, everything on there should be fine.

The "patch" is for 6.2, I have 6.4 on my MODIS

If you go back a few posts, I posted about my software, I do not think I can reinstall without being able to get an access code from tech support. What a P.I.T.A. that is...no other software needs that, wonder why they set that up.
                              MasterWrench

Comment

• Transman
                                SDE Member
                                • Oct 2006

I used the patch when I was using 6.2. My understanding was it is to help the pc communicate with the Modis and i did. But I had comm with the modis already, I was already ticked that the tech rep told me that I would not be able to get it working with XP because you need XP pro.
                                To make sure that I understand... You are ok at the pc but you have not checked your settings inside the modis to make sure they are correct? These drips of info make it difficult to help. Maybe you should start a new thread with what your symptoms are and what actually is working. I will be happy to go through the Modis settings step by step, I was going to do that Friday for you but I saw the message that you had it working. Now that I read the post properly I see it was another person claiming he got his working without a router, I thought he was saying he got yours working, sigh. Transman

Comment

Working...