Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > J2534 (Flash Reprogramming) User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 02-13-2019, 09:35 PM
Banned

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default Blue tooth J-boxes

I see there is now a Cardaq 3 Plus with Bluetooth offered now. Can these forgo the USB cables between a Windows Blue Tooth equipped Window's PC during actual programming events , or just allow the convenience of using the J-box as a wireless VCI using the OE diagnostic software off a laptop?
I know the Maxi Flash Elite J2534 already serves as a Bluetooth VCI to the Android Maxi Cyst Pro tablet but not sure it would also work as a Blue tooth VCI off a Bluetooth Windows Laptop?
I would hate to unpair it from the Android scan tool and then connect it wire-lessly to a Blue tooth Windows Laptop and then find out afterwards I can no longer pair it back again to being a VCI for it's Android based Scan tool anymore .Anyone know

Last edited by Witsend; 02-14-2019 at 03:14 PM..
Old 02-14-2019, 04:37 PM

Glide Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
I would hate to unpair it from the Android scan tool and then connect it wire-lessly to a Blue tooth Windows Laptop and then find out afterwards I can no longer pair it back again to being a VCI for it's Android based Scan tool anymore .:
Really??? You would attempt to root the tablet,but are scared to unpair the VCI?
Old 02-14-2019, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Really??? You would attempt to root the tablet,but are scared to unpair the VCI?
Lost my courage to experiment with the J2534 VCI , because Well , that still works as a J box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BU-Put3znQ
Old 02-15-2019, 06:58 AM

phill57 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default Wireless programming

I've used a Ford VCM2 wireless over WiFi and IDS to program a Ford but the GM MDI2 which could have the same capability does not allow wireless programming of the vehicle computers and SPS from GM. I believe as long as the cable doesn't get disturbed it would be more secure then WiFi or bluetooth. Too many potential variables.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:54 AM

jm43130 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Gm does allow MDI2 to wirelessly program, that's all I have ever used. My MDI2 came with wifi dongles that are setup during installation. I only use usb cable when MDI2 needs updated. I don't know if they suggest wireless programming, but Drewtech and the new Snapon Pass Through Pro 4 have Bluetooth available as a add on, but they specifically only recommend it for diagnosis only, not reprogramming.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:45 AM
Banned

I was curious and called AES wave about the Car Daq 3 plus with blue tooth. He seemed to believe the blue tooth feature allows for wireless diagnostics but the programming still requires a cable between.
I asked about whether or not the Maxi FlashPro/ Elites also offers wireless bluetooth diagnostics from off a Windows laptop and he believes they still need a cable. I will ask Autel if it can be done yet and if not, if there are plans to update the VCI software and drivers soon to allow it.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
I asked about whether or not the Maxi FlashPro/ Elites also offers wireless bluetooth diagnostics from off a Windows laptop and he believes they still need a cable. I will ask Autel if it can be done yet and if not, if there are plans to update the VCI software and drivers soon to allow it.
Edit/Delete Message
I asked some @..... Consultancy guy whether their J boxes VCI bluetooth that connect to their paired Android Scanners also can allow one to connect wirelessly to a bluetooth Windows laptop for Diagnostics with an OE program and he said No, but I'm thinking it's just a matter of them developing the necessary drivers to do it.