X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

Please Introduce Yourself

As we get more members here, it might be helpful for you to introduce yourself.

Provide your SureTrack username if different from the name you're using here.

Other things that you might share include; your age, location, specialty, tools, education and training, info about your shop, interests, etc.

NOTE: Only one post per member and this is not a discussion thread.

I'll go first.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

My SureTrack user name is nicktaylor

I'm the Community Administrator of SureTrack for Mitchell1 in San Diego, CA.

Been at Mitchell since 1992 and previously worked in the engine rebuilding and parts industry along with a 4-year stint at a Mopar-only wrecking yard. We specialized in musclecars.

Since 2007 I've worked as the administrator of the tip system in our OnDemand and ShopKey products. And since 2013, administrator of the SureTrack community.

I'm here to be an advocate for you guys.
    Last edited by Nick_Taylor; 06-05-2014, 09:41 AM.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• CaptEuro
      • Jun 2014

My name is Brett H. (CaptEuro) Southern Oregon by way of Idaho by way of the US Army...
      Grew up in the business, family had 3 shops at one point....Persued the Euro's, why? They break... lol. But we work on them all!!!

Comment

• CraigStrucke
        • Jun 2014

Hello everyone,
        My name is Craig Strucke. Im a 25 year old tech with 8 yrs in the business, spent my hole life around vehicles. Work on all makes and models but have an addiction to the fancy euro cars. Always get the fun bang your melon off the wall electrical nightmares

Comment

• Matt
          • Dec 2008

Introduction

My username on Sure Track is mwk6503. I own and operate a general automotive repair shop in northeastern Colorado. I've been a professional mechanic for 15 years, 8 were spent on heavy machinery and ag equipment. Sure Track has become a very important resource for my shop. I would like to thank everyone who contributes.

Comment

• Scott 79
            • Mar 2014

Introduction

Hey fellow techs, I use Autobouncer on the Suretrack site, owned my shop solo since 93' and been in the business since mid-late 70's, based in east Tennessee. Using an old Modis and a Verdict.

Comment

• Crossland Auto
              • Jul 2014

Hey all, my name is Craig Crossland, my user name is similar to the user name listed here. Co owner of Crossland's Auto Center Inc. in El Cajon Ca. Just joined this site today. Have been monitoring the Shure Track from time to time when Pro Demand started. Made my 1st point today. 42 Years young, 20 years experience. Have a family history in East San Diego County as Mechanics and business owners since 1958. When I went through school, I became lazy while writing my last name (X-land) Dr. Jake went with my Skype user name and coined me Dr. X on the MOD5 tips and General Discussion, So I end my posts with just an X. Kind of looking forward to the changes, starting to get the old man attitude about change. Hope THIS change will be worth wile.

X

Comment

• CaptEuro
                • Jun 2014

Good to see ya x... Brett Hays

Comment

• Skip
                  Super Moderator
                  • Apr 2008

User name is Skip, both here and in SureTrack. I am an instructor at DeAnza College and work for SO writing the Troubleshooter and Vantage files for Chrysler and Toyota.

Comment

• Tech_A
                    • Jul 2014

Introduction

Hi my name is Kahlil. I am TechA on SureTrack, but I have to use Tech_A here because the username was taken. I graduated from the De Anza College Automotive Program in 2007. I worked as an automotive technician for five years doing smog and independent repair. I left the automotive field to pursue a career at SnapOn Diagnostics here in San Jose, CA. I am currently working on a project for SureTrack, assisting Nick Taylor with SureTrack feedback, and authoring component test meter (CTM) content for; Jaguar, Land Rover, and Mini Cooper.

Comment

• cruisinmiles
                      • Jul 2014

No intro needed!

I have been Cruisinmiles here and with OnDemand and Suretrack, 28 years of journeyman in the great white north, Canada. Got a great place to work for the last 14 years with most equipment to diagnose and repair but still not set-up for programming modules, need a good young guy to get that going! Sure would be nice to see more techs from Mitchell to sign up here!

Comment

• Crusty
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by cruisinmiles
                        I have been Cruisinmiles here and with OnDemand and Suretrack, 28 years of journeyman in the great white north, Canada. Got a great place to work for the last 14 years with most equipment to diagnose and repair but still not set-up for programming modules, need a good young guy to get that going! Sure would be nice to see more techs from Mitchell to sign up here!
                        Hey there cruisinmiles-!!!
                        Us CANUCKS are few and far between here-!! LOL
                        I'm in Ontario just south west from Peterborough
                        Where are you located-??

Comment

• cruisinmiles
                          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Crusty
                          Hey there cruisinmiles-!!!
                          Us CANUCKS are few and far between here-!! LOL
                          I'm in Ontario just south west from Peterborough
                          Where are you located-??
                          Hi Crusty, I am in central Alberta here.

Comment

• tonymc
                            • Oct 2014

introduction

hey ya'll, yep, I'm from Texas, my user name is tonymc. been doing this a long time, since 1976. worked dealerships mostly. last 8 years in an independent shop. the only education I get is in the tip and forum systems. I will be lurking.

Comment

• Crusty
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by cruisinmiles
                              Hi Crusty, I am in central Alberta here.
                              Really good friend of mine is up in Fort Mac
                              Too bloody cold for me-!!!

Comment

Working...