Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ASE Doc
    • Mar 2014

Modis Ultra Lab Scope lagging

Hi everyone, I am having a strange problem with my Modis Ultra lab scope. The scope has always had an instant, real time display across the time base range. Now, it suddenly has a severe delay in the 200ms time base. The display still seems accurate but you can connect it to an active signal and the signal will appear on the screen after 2 seconds. Then, you can stop the engine and the signal will continue on the screen for several seconds afterward. When I was diagnosing an ignition drop out last week, I would see the drop out on the screen as long as 30 seconds after the engine had died. It seems as if the delay increases the longer the scope operates. The delay is only in the 200ms time base. In all other time base options, the scope has instant update like always.

If there is some setting that I have changed and am unaware of, I would love to put things back where they should be. I have been over the unit and can't see anything that I may have changed. If there may be some fault in the DA converter, I want to get the machine repaired before the warranty is up. Any input is appreciated.
  • kebo1970
    • Nov 2008

modis ultra scope lagging

you don't have the trigger set properly.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Sounds like it be normal to me

If you want to be able to actually see every thing that occurred with the patern of something occuring at a high frequency for a 2 second period of time , it may have to play out on screen for 2 minutes for you to be able to see the peaks and valleys during more of the 2 second time.Can the sample rate be adjusted down so it doesn't play out as long?

Comment

Working...