Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • komobu
    • Feb 2009

Verus Wireless Upgrade

I have the Verus Wireless (EMS325) and recently had to re-image the hard drive. I have heard about the Hybrid SSD Hard Drive(500gb) for 80 dollars and a 1TB for 110. (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B99JU5M/.../dp/B00B99JU5M) I dont mind spending more if I should. What drive would give me the most speed?

If you have put one of these in, how hard is it? Can I remove the HD that came with my verus and take it to a PC Shop to get it cloned? Do I need to purchase something that will allow me to clone the drives at home?

Also, is it possible to upgrade the CPU or the Memory while I am there?

Thanks for any help on this.
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

I believe there is cloning or ghost software available providing you have a ps available to you with two open sata ports to connect the original and new hd to.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
      • Nov 2007

SSD good if done right..

Originally posted by komobu
      I have the Verus Wireless (EMS325) and recently had to re-image the hard drive. I have heard about the Hybrid SSD Hard Drive(500gb) for 80 dollars and a 1TB for 110. (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B99JU5M/.../dp/B00B99JU5M) I dont mind spending more if I should. What drive would give me the most speed?

If you have put one of these in, how hard is it? Can I remove the HD that came with my verus and take it to a PC Shop to get it cloned? Do I need to purchase something that will allow me to clone the drives at home?

Also, is it possible to upgrade the CPU or the Memory while I am there?

Thanks for any help on this.
      It is possible to put is an SSD in your Verus, but, choose wisely. There are some horror stories about SSD's not working and things like blue screens, and start-up issues.

Some have done the SSD's with good results, there some good posts in these forums about just that. Search "SSD Verus".

The RAM is upgradable but the CPU is not, part of the board. 2 GB of RAM and an SSD are all you need. I have heard good things about that upgrade.

Even a 1 TB SSD is over the top and offers no improvement in speed, in fact slightly slower due to the indexing over more real estate.

Good Luck, Bob

Comment

Working...