do we have the ability to program vw keys?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

do we have the ability to program vw keys?

Anyone know i have a cust with a 01 jetta the key has went bad, will the verus pro do it in the immo menu?
  • TurboJim
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by badcoupe
    Anyone know i have a cust with a 01 jetta the key has went bad, will the verus pro do it in the immo menu?
    I added keyfobs to an 04 A4 using expert mode. So I have to think if you know what channel of what module, yes. But, I'm sure someone with more VW experience will chime in
    Jim Testa
    Senior Technician
    JD Automotive & Truck Inc
    Dover, NJ

Comment

• eddie8
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by badcoupe
      I would say probably not. I do know you need a pin number to program the key on an immo system. If the VW expert part of the software is like the ross tech tool then maybe but i havent used my verus for this.
      Edwin Hazzard
      Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• steph333
        • Apr 2013

security access

No you absolutely can not, you can not get into the immo without factory scanner or autologic. I think if you have two functioning keys then there is a way. just google it.

Comment

• king Barr
          • Jan 2013

IME, unless you have vag tacho, or the pin, you can NOT program new KEYS. You can program fobs on some depending on the immob generation.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...atching_(Kessy)

Hth, some older cars came with a scratcher that has the pin on it,mso if you have access to thar, then you will ave no probs. sometimes it's 4 or 7 digits. I know autologic can access it.

Comment

• sandt38
            • May 2012

Originally posted by steph333
            No you absolutely can not, you can not get into the immo without factory scanner or autologic. I think if you have two functioning keys then there is a way. just google it.
            Correct, but add Vag Tacho to that list. It is relatively inexpensive, but a fantastic tool if you do a lot of VW.

VW is really tight on their security info.

Comment

• badcoupe
              • Jan 2011

I can get the pin/skc from a buddy who works at vw

Comment

• king Barr
                • Jan 2013

If you can get the pin then yes you can. That's the only hang up. I've dine it with my vag com, I don't have/ want SO euro so I can't answer on that.

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

VW key programming

If car does not have at least one working key to drive it to your shop , I would advise him or her to just tow it to dealer or Vag Com equipped locksmith, but if it at least has one working key, I would consider giving this link a shot.

Comment

• badcoupe
                    • Jan 2011

got it going had a bad key reader on lock cyl

Comment

Working...