Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adtmatt
    • Mar 2008

Future platform viability.

Just a thought. With most OE platforms going to PC based, where an interface is used between a PC and the vehicle, to allow lower cost future upkeep I thought it would be something for SnapOn to consider with their PC-based platforms that they have to allow hardware updates via "board" replacements, etc. Meaning, the displays really won't need higher resolution in the future...but we need more memory and faster processing. That could be done, and I wouldn't blame them for keeping proprietary, with replacement of a "mother board".

Thanks.
  • ratchetman
    • Mar 2011

Snapon may be shooting themselves in the foot. The platform is very expensive and the hardware very low end. A $400 tablet has a lot more processing power better screen and a better OS. The only things Snapon has going for them is vehicle coverage and feature integration. I feel that a competitor could take a big bite out of the market. The IT department at my work was all set to roll out server 2012 which would have put a stop to using the Verus for work orders and email. For 2 1/2 years I have been trying to use a single platform for everything and thus far it has been a failure. I don't think we should have to have a laptop and a verus.

Comment

Working...