Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • parts abuser
    • Oct 2013

super star II

New-ish member here. I'm trying to access ABS codes on a 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC. I've never used super star II before, and there doesn't appear to be anything in the user manual for my Solus Ultra about it. An online search was equally fruitless. I am getting something out of the ABS ECM:

[10:slow][20:slow][40:slow][10:slow]
    [10:slow]

According to the service manual, there are no codes with those numbers. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance,
    Vince
    Last edited by parts abuser; 08-01-2014, 09:27 AM.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Looks like you got yourself a " BOB-ber" there. For the "Quick Check""Heh Heh, who ya foolin , Ford specifies Break out Box (T83L-50-EEC-IV)and Adapter (T87-50-ALA) to do pin out voltage , and resistance tests with a DVOM at the brake controller connector in the comfort of the luggage compartment, AKA trunk. Yeah , and Make sure you close the latch to prevent some buffoon from closing you up inside.

Comment

• parts abuser
      • Oct 2013

Thanks for the reply. What is a " BOB-ber"? And I'm not sure what this is about:
      "For the "Quick Check""Heh Heh, who ya foolin..."

Regarding:
      "Ford specifies Break out Box (T83L-50-EEC-IV)and Adapter (T87-50-ALA) to do pin out voltage , and resistance tests..."
      I don't have that tool. What I have is a Solus Ultra. And if I access the vehicle using the underhood OBD connector, I'm able to access the ABS controller there. I get a code 11, which, according to troubleshooting tips says the ABS controller is faulty.
      I was hoping to access the ABS controller directly using super star II, though I'm not sure this is any better than what I've already described above.
      Thanks,
      Vince

Comment

• dlm1
        • Jul 2014

B.O.B is Break Out Box..Read between the lines and do your testing by use of a schematic and pinout of the controller, Never used a BOB before, there is always a way around them ..I have found. Makes life eaiser if you a Rock-a-fellow though. (lots of money)

Comment

• parts abuser
          • Oct 2013

Thanks, dlm1. Much appreciated.
          Vince

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Sorry , There is an" ABS Quick Check Chart & Circuit Test - Step References"
            That is what you refer to for performing the circuit pin out tests at the ABS controller connector. Of course Ford recommends use of the B.O.B.( Break out Box )and ABS connector adapter to avoid damage to connector terminals.
            A Bobber is also a motorcycle with a solo seat , no rear fender, no rear suspension ,and a fat rear tire.
            Last edited by Witsend; 08-01-2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...