Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

Microsoft .Net framework

So I installed an Intel SSD. Since Win XP does not support TRIM, I downloaded Intel's SSD Toolbox to perform the function of garbage collection. During the installation, it stopped and declared that I need to install .Net 3.0, so I go on over to Bill Gates.com (Ha) and download .net3.5sp1 only to have it stop and tell me "An error has occurred". After doing the usual digging, come to find out the Snappy has .Net on lock-down also. I of course went on ahead and corrected that issue and got all the necessary .Net framework installed. After installing the Intel Toolbox, it then reports "Can't communicate with drive", this is when I discover the retard that designed the mobo in the Verus decided to use a Via raid controller as the interface from the HardDrive to the mobo, instead of the standard IDE. Really? A raid controller, with just ONE drive? Thats like unplugging four injectors on a V8. I really have my doubts about this company, and where they get off using such OLD hardware. Hey Snappy, you want all the control? Then write ALL your own software, and design ALL your own hardware. You want to throw something like Windows XP in the mix, then relax the restrictions, or do a better job writing the software. I wonder if I could go to Apple and petition them to design and produce automotive diagnostic tools?

The Atlas suite does run quite a bit faster on this SSD, and is taking advantage of the UPDATED and PATCHED .Net framework, that Snappy had on LOCK-DOWN!

Oh yeah, I am waiting for someone to figure out the porting of the Atlas suite to a laptop, and using the bluetooth connection to the S3 device. Pico scope will be the REAL scope hardware. The we can be FREE from this decaying 600Mhz thermal heater.
    S. Breland
  • tecnick
    • May 2012

I take it your verus is out of warranty at this point, or you have big balls to swap drives! Sounds like they really did a hack job on the hardware, wonder why didn't use a standard notebook motherboard. Guess that would have been too easy. I like the apple idea =) iScanner!

Comment

• rickc00
      • Dec 2010

sbreland73, Long time ago, when I owned Verus, I put SSD (OCZ) in. I don’t recall having to go through that much trouble to install TRIM support. Maybe older Intel’s software was written for different version of framework back then.

I am waiting for someone to figure out the porting of the Atlas suite to a laptop
      It has been done already. I use Scope and Scanner modules with my tablet more than with Verdict. I only use Verdict when I need to install and test the updates. Verdict is not as bad as Verus in terms of speed. My 4 years old cell phone is faster than $10K tool.

check out the thread in Verdict sub-forum – “Stand alone wireless scanner and scope usage”
      Last edited by rickc00; 07-25-2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• rickc00
        • Dec 2010

sbreland73, Long time ago, when I owned Verus, I put SSD (OCZ) in. I don’t recall having to go through that much trouble to install TRIM support. Maybe older Intel’s software was written for different version of framework back then.

I am waiting for someone to figure out the porting of the Atlas suite to a laptop
        It has been done already. I use Scope and Scanner modules with my tablet more than with Verdict. I only use Verdict when I need to install and test the updates. Verdict is not as bad as Verus in terms of speed. My 4 years old cell phone is faster than $10K tool.

check out the thread in Verdict sub-forum – “Stand alone wireless scanner and scope usage”

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

Rick, I already read that thread, and if you had looked yourself, you would see that I also commented. Thanks.
          S. Breland

Comment

Working...