X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JderekT
    • Dec 2019

New to me Verdict wont load web pages.

Hello all,
    New to this forum and new to Snap On diagnostic tools so I am learning as I go. I have always used a tech II, but now I have a Ford in the family, so I needed something new.
    Just bought a used Verdict D4 kit. Version 15.2.
    Tool seems to work fairly well with the exception of getting on the web. It connects to WIFI just fine but when I try to go to any web page explorer just says it cannot display the webpage or there is a security certificate issue (I am guessing that is the real issue?)
    Anyone run into this issue? What is the best way to resolve. I have searched the web for solutions and have gone through just about every setting I can. No results. I can do a search via Bing and results will come up, but no way to go the the websites due to the certificate issue blocking me.
    I was able to install Chrome on this only to run into the certificate issue again.

Thanks In advance for any help.

Derek
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

It runs Windows XP. Are you on a server that still allows it to access the web? Many do not because XP is no longer supported with security updates.
    Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• JderekT
      • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
      It runs Windows XP. Are you on a server that still allows it to access the web? Many do not because XP is no longer supported with security updates.
      Joe
      No, not connected to any of the Snap On servers at this time.
      Right, but I have an old Dell laptop I use with my Tech II running XP without issue?
      Is XP embedded that much different?

After looking around in it a bit more I have found windows update is not functional? Icon shows up in the control panel without a title with it, but it will not load and run. As best as I can tell the files are gone.
      Are the OS updates handled through the Shop Stream application?

This might be a dumb question, If I was to run the restore function, all of the diagnostic software will restore as well without loss of current update status?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

System Restore is designed to erase the unit and install the latest update. On rare occasion it will load the original update, or maybe no update at all. Unless you have the last update on USB Drive, then it can be risky to do it without reason.
        Windows XP has nothing to do with any of the Snap-on Servers. You aren't using them to connect to the internet. You are using your own. If you have another laptop with XP on it that connects to the internet though, then that's not what is going on here.
        I would be wiling to bet the Windows update can't be used because Microsoft stopped delivering them some time ago.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• GypsyR
          • Jul 2017

You might try downloading and running the Firefox browser. I much prefer to use Chrome, but Firefox does a much better job as a mediator between old XP and the modern internet. On my Verdict anyway.

Comment

Working...