Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

No Communication with Chassis Control Module 2014 Silverado

Working on a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado VIN 3GCUKSEC8EG233153 few days ago for a "Check Trailer Wiring" message popping up on the dash. The trailer brake control module on this vehicle is a slave to the Chassis Control Module. When I scanned this vehicle I had no communication with the Chassis Control module. This led me to spend time testing power, grounds and CAN bus circuits to the module. Tried another scanner a Maxisys Elite and it had no communication either. I noted that none of the other modules set a code for the missing Chassis Control Module until I had it unplugged testing circuits. After a significant amount of wasted time tried a third scanner this time a MaxiAP200 smart phone scanner and guess what? communicates just fine with a fault code C1114 current. Turned out I needed the trailer brake power module to fix this thing but wasted lots of time due to no communication. Tried manually ID'ing the vehicle as a 2015 and everything seems to work just fine. Using a Verus Edge initially with bundle 19.4.1 and then 19.4.2 which I just updated today. I'll post a video link as soon as it uploads.
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Video Link

here is a link to the video showing the lack of communication with the Chassis control Module and trailer brake system.

Comment

• Jay G.
      Administrator
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by phill57
      here is a link to the video showing the lack of communication with the Chassis control Module and trailer brake system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueJOqXwJlrw
      Thanks Phill57, I have past this information on to the development team.

Comment

• Glide
        • Jan 2015

The subject of this thread is not news. See here http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...ad.php?t=13112
        There are several functions that do not work on 2014-2016 Sierra/Silverado when using snapon scan tools and haven't worked for 2 years or more.

Comment

• phill57
          • Oct 2007

Seems to affect other years

Noticed the Chassis Control Module not being scanned on this 2018 GMC Sierra vin 3GTUZMEC9HG148021 today. Tried to ID as 2016 and 2017 with same results. Tried with Solus Edge running 19.4 and it doesn't see the Chassis Control Module either. My Verus is current to 19.4.2.

Also noted that the bidirectional function to relieve the fuel system pressure did not work at all. No response to the test. This could be because the Chassis Module controls the fuel supply pressure but I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...