Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm43130
    • Apr 2008

Pass through pro 4

Had a 2012 Explorer that had a reman transaxle installed needed flashed for a local trans shop. Well you now you have to copy new solenoid valve ID's into pcm so it shifts correctly. When I used PT4 and Ford J2543 , it recognized this as a new procedure and stated it had to be downloaded through Motorcraft website, and even gave me the 3 vrb files needed. However I could not find it and evidently without this , you can't rewrite new solenoid ID code without it. When I went back to Drewtech J2543 toolbox, it said under Ford notes that there was trouble with last update . Any one else ran into this and is there a workaround?
    I did plug in scan tool, found ID numbers in trans functional test, which did match original transaxle, but when I selected it, it said function to rewrite code was not available yet.
  • diesel71
    • Feb 2008

only work around I know of is to use IDS. yesterday I had issue's programing a pcm in a 2005 f-250. I uninstalled the ids 116.5 and installed 116.0. after that the programing went fine. I have the pass-threw 3 and in the toolbox it did say the latest update has issues with programing.

Comment

• jm43130
      • Apr 2008

Were able to just reinstall 116.0 and not the update? I did talk to the customer this morning, and the Matco guy loaned them a pass through device that works remotely, I guess like Drewtech, and they said it went right through for them.
      Last edited by jm43130; 02-06-2020, 09:35 AM. Reason: added more info

Comment

• diesel71
        • Feb 2008

I still had the 116.0 in my download folder so I uninstalled the 116.05 and installed just the 116.0. after booting up it did say there is an update, I just click the X and did not update.

Comment

• jm43130
          • Apr 2008

Diesel71 you were right. I still 116.01 in my download folder. I uninstalled 116.05, then reinstalled 116.01 from earlier in December. Logged in, still had open session from Tuesday. and I was able to select programmable parameters , transmission, and went right to screen where you overwrite new solenoid Id's. Wish I would have thought of that Tuesday. Thanks diesel71, I'm back up and running again.

Comment

• diesel71
            • Feb 2008

sweet, glad to help

Comment

• bestdamgarage
              • Apr 2016

Future reference you can call ford techline .When you have problems and they would have told you to uninstall current version and roll back to 116.01.All the manufactures have a techline or email contact for issues.If you really want to keep up join iatn and diagnostic network.Then you can check ahead of time if the manfactures have a issue.Gm was recently down also.

Comment

Working...