Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IDT7
    • Dec 2009

Good Antivirus for verdict ?

Hi all,I'm having problems with anti virus software on my verdict.
    Currently running avast antivirus but it causes wifi connectivity problems,just wondering what you guys have installed
  • Nickb
    DSD
    • Aug 2007

Just download a free anti virus like AVG. If u find it slows it down to much, uninstall it and try another. AVG does work fine for me though.
    DSD

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

Try Mircosoft Secuirty essentials, its free and it doesn't slow down my Verus at all.
      Just go to Google and type in MSE

Steve

Comment

• IDT7
        • Dec 2009

Thanks Nickb but I've tried AVG allready and it will not install on my verdict because it says some files are missing on windows system.
        Will try MSE today thanks

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Anti Virus

I'm not sure if you could run Ubuntu Linux based OS on a separate partition of the drive like you can ruin on a desktop or lap top . I believe it is still free to download . http://www.ubuntu.com/
          On start up, a screen appears for several seconds and gives you an option to boot up in Windows or Ubuntu and by default will boot up in windows if a selection (by the down arrow and pressing enter is not performed by the keyboard within several seconds) Once booted into Ubuntu you can search and enter disk utility and it will display the hard drive's health and tell you how many bad sectors are on the hard drive. In Ubuntu You can download an antivirus called Clam that can scan the entire drive for Viruses in the windows partition . Ubuntu is Linux based and virus resistant , so if it can't boot up in windows , boot it up in Ubuntu, check the hard drive health and run a Clam Virus scan. You might need to see if you can get a USB keyboard working on it before doing anything first because the mouse and touch screen might not be available to make a selection.
          Btw , Nick , what does your DSD acronym stand for (Diagnostic Software Developer)?
          Last edited by Witsend; 01-30-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...