Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moonsauto
    • Jun 2018

no bcm programming on 11 malibu???

I was trying to program a new bcm we installed on 2011 malibu but bcm is not listed on sps.
    I called the technical support and the guy is only telling me that you could only do it with tech2??
    Does anybody have heard this?? I was able to do on other bcms on different gms and even the 2012 cts that I was recently working on had an option to reprogram bcm.
    I am just trying to get rid of the airbag fault code b1001 option configuration error.
    I tried to just reprogram the sdm anyway but still had no luck even after programming.
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

GM does have warning for some cars that require the Tech 2 Tool. But I have never encountered one yet. Sounds like that car is one of the few that needs a Tech 2 to program the BCM. Weird. :/

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

Usually B1001 is just setup after module replacement,not a programming event unless vehicle has factory remote start.

BCM Programming

Note: Use extreme care when verifying both the VIN and Odometer reading that is set in the service BCM. Once the VIN and Odometer are set in the replacement BCM it is impossible to change them, and if there is a mismatch, the part will be rendered useless.

To setup a new replacement BCM select Vehicle Control Systems, then select the applicable options, then select Module Setup, then select Body Control Module on the scan tool. If the scan tool can communicate with the BCM that is being replaced, select BCM Copy and Flash. If the scan tool is unable to communicate with the BCM that is being replaced, select BCM Setup. After the setup procedure it is necessary to perform the Remote Start setup procedure. Refer to the Notes below for further information.

If the BCM fails to accept the program, perform the following steps:

* Inspect all BCM connections.
      * Verify that the scan tool has the latest software version.

Remote Start Calibration, (if equipped)

In order to setup the remote start feature a Techline Terminal using the Pass-Thru routine must be used. With the scan tool powered down, attach it to the vehicle then connect the Techline Terminal's RS-232 cable to the scan tool. Select Service Programming System from the Techline Terminal main screen. Select the Pass-Thru procedure from the Techline Terminal's menu selections and follow all on-screen directions. Ensure the correct programming procedure is selected based on the component being replaced or programmed. Configure the remote start feature to match the original RPO content on the vehicle.

Comment

• bestdamgarage
        • Apr 2016

If ir only needs setup maybe tech2win will do it.

Comment

• Glide
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by bestdamgarage
          If ir only needs setup maybe tech2win will do it.
          It should,unless remote start needs to be activated
          with passthru.

Comment

Working...