Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

Deciphered Mode 6 Data

I'll add to this as I think of things...

First is deciphered mode 6 data....

Something for Volvo and/or Saab besides global obdII
    MasterWrench
  • big4x42u
    • Apr 2007

Volvo is pretty weak on all scan tools I have used. I think of it more of a challenge when one of these beauties roll in to the shop.The other Diag tech does not like working on anything that is of euro descent,So I have had a huge learning curve over the last 3 years and now enjoy working on them alot. Added coverage would be a godsend....

Comment

• prowler74n
      • May 2007

what do i want out of snap on tools

I would like to see added to the Solus; Mode 06 definitions.
      I would like to see added to the Vantage Pro; voltage testing component test. Example on a 99 Chrysler mini van with a 3.3L, to test the primary side to the coils the only two options are a resistance test and a coil ramp test. Is it posible to deplay a test for seeing primary voltage readings. I do have a low amp probe to test the coils in such manner, but about those that just dont have a low amp probe?

Comment

• Coyote
        • Apr 2007

Chrysler primary testing

One of the great things about the VP is that all the meters will run stand alone. Select scope and set voltage level.

Boyd

Comment

• Steve6911
          • Feb 2007

As MASTERWRENCH stated Volvo coverage and Deciphered Mode 6 would be two things that would make the biggest impact for me! Also if they would incorporate the Wavepoint into the Modis, that would be a great add on. Also a comparison on Cam/crank sensors and dual setups for them in the Vantage portion of the Modis and on the V-pro. And how about a Euro troubleshooter!!!
          Last edited by Steve6911; 06-16-2007, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Karl_B
            • Jun 2007

EVAP testing is still a pain on most cars. I would like to make the monitor run on every OBD 2 car that comes in.
            sigpic

Comment

• nd4mr2spd
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

revisions to cables

make the data cable come out at a 90 degree angle to the left or right (while holding the modis / or other scanner - I don't know how many of those data cables I've seen damaged right at the connector.

Comment

• Joshua Covington
                • Aug 2006

These are all great suggestions folks... Keep em coming!
                Snap-on Diagnostics
                Program Manager

Comment

• MasterWrench
                  • Oct 2006

Here is another addition:

All of the leads need to be longer.....Had to pay 130.00 for a set of longer test leads..
                  MasterWrench

Comment

• Joshua Covington
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by MasterWrench
                    Here is another addition:

All of the leads need to be longer.....Had to pay 130.00 for a set of longer test leads..

I'll add it to the suggestion list... Which leads/cables and what lengths would be ideal?
                    Snap-on Diagnostics
                    Program Manager

Comment

• Nick
                      • Oct 2006

One thing to keep in mind is that having a long set of test leads as your only ones will cause issues. You will find yourself with a tangled mess almost everytime you take them out.

It would however be nice to have a set of optional or included longer test leads. Maybe 6'. Right now I have custom 6' leads made. I also have extensions for my leads made by fluke.
                      Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• Joshua Covington
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Nick
                        One thing to keep in mind is that having a long set of test leads as your only ones will cause issues. You will find yourself with a tangled mess almost everytime you take them out.
                        We have done quite a bit of research that shows we got it right for "most people" in "most situations"... Just like "Volvo scanner coverage" though, it's good to constantly re-check you assumptions.
                        Snap-on Diagnostics
                        Program Manager

Comment

• MasterWrench
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Nick

It would however be nice to have a set of optional or included longer test leads. Maybe 6'. Right now I have custom 6' leads made. I also have extensions for my leads made by fluke.
                          LOL...You don't know me very well. I m a neat freak when it comes to my tools and toolbox. Very organized and CLEAN. My leads are coiled and stored so they do not get tangled.

I still have the leads that came with my MODIS but they are now collecting dust.

I also meant ALL of the leads. The inductive pick-up and the cord for the scanner so you can easily stand in front of or beside the vehicle while having the scanner hooked up under the dash to the data link connector. I have two OE cords hooked together to make the length so I can look at data while under the hood without having to worry about unplugging or getting the cord caught in something while the engine is running. The cords for the DIS adapter so you can easily sit in the car and view waveforms while power braking(loading).
                          MasterWrench

Comment

• Nick
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by MasterWrench
                            LOL...You don't know me very well. I m a neat freak when it comes to my tools and toolbox. Very organized and CLEAN. My leads are coiled and stored so they do not get tangled.

I still have the leads that came with my MODIS but they are now collecting dust.

I also meant ALL of the leads. The inductive pick-up and the cord for the scanner so you can easily stand in front of or beside the vehicle while having the scanner hooked up under the dash to the data link connector. I have two OE cords hooked together to make the length so I can look at data while under the hood without having to worry about unplugging or getting the cord caught in something while the engine is running. The cords for the DIS adapter so you can easily sit in the car and view waveforms while power braking(loading).

Oh I hear ya. I am a neat freak also. I find it counterproductive somtimes.. I will put tools away I am still using..

I feel the same way you do. I put two scanner cables together to get under the hood at times. Like I said above.. I also use extensions for my scope leads. The inductive stuff is too short. Especially the ground pigtails.
                            Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• Steve6911
                              • Feb 2007

The scope leads are too short if you want to drive the vehile while scoping it. Another company puts out 10 foot shielded test leads just for the Modis scope. Also the ground lead on the SIA2000 is WAY to short, and an extension lead for the low amps probe would be great. I like to scope the fuel pump at the pump and maybe a few other thing in the engine bay, the short amp probe lead doesn't cut it all the time. And don't forget I keep saying a "EURO TROUBLESHOOTER!!!"

Comment

Working...