Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdlindsey
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Phil Kleis
    I have thought of Pico but the idea of wires connecting to both the car and laptop and Pico box and my clumsy work habits just don't sound like a good combination. Get into fast mode with a high car count day flinging that laptop and Pico bundle around is just asking for trouble. I can fly with my fluke scope or vantage pro and go out to the parking lot to look at a car then to the guy next to me and look at his car and back to my bay while holding onto the handheld scope and probes in one hand. I would like that ability with 4 channels even though I hardly ever need more than 2 channels.
    Your comments on the Pico/Laptop combination is one of the reasons I haven't pulled the trigger on the Pico. This is another reason that I like the form factor the Verus. Easily handled and manipulated in an actual working environment. The Modis and the Vpro all fall into the same category.

Perhaps a used Modis is your ideal move. The Pico scope is a really nice scope, but seems like a pain to actually use in the shop. I guess it depends on what kind of work you do, how your shop is laid out, how you work, and things like this.

For me it seems like a disaster.

Comment

• MasterWrench
      • Oct 2006

It is the "known issues" in the original FAQ for SSC here:
      MasterWrench

Comment

• Phil Kleis
        • Oct 2008

Time Divisions

I did some screen captures for a test on current probes and for some reason thought the Vantage Pro had 10 divisions for time like the Modis does. I have little experience using Snap On products and goofed with my results. I use industrial scopes but for this test that I was doing I had at my disposal two current Snap On products, the Modis Elite and Vantage Pro. The screens on all the scopes used had three coil ramp events displayed. What I missed was the fact that the Vantage only has five divisions of time. The screen showed all three current ramp events but lacked detail which was clearly visible in the other scopes. It really was not my concern that the Vantage did not show the detail. I was alerted to check for aliasing. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on because I really did'nt care if the Vantage showed the same detail as the other scopes. I was alerted again and finally figured out what I did. When I changed the sweep to a quicker time I had the detail the other scopes showed. I did have to freeze and zoom out to have the same detail and show all three current ramp events like the other scopes.

If Snap On develops a hand held four channel scope to be used along with the Solus Pro while doing bidirectional tests so that the tech can see in real time the wave patterns, I would like it to have at least 10 divisions of time.

[
        Last edited by Phil Kleis; 10-30-2008, 07:03 AM. Reason: amps per division

Comment

Working...