Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Thanks Roy!
    I'll try to start the thread up again! Hope it does some good.

Steve

Comment

• MasterWrench
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
      Do me a favor (even though you don't owe me one). Start a post in this forum on what capabilities you want added to the scanner. You don't need to post everything in one post...add it as you think of it. Also include a reason why you want that test, and how often you think you'd use that function. I bet you'll see some of those functions appear in future updates.

Joe
      Here is a thread I started on that topic:

Share with Snap-on Diagnostics, the additional features that you need or desire in our tools. What do the factory tools do that you absolutely need in your Snap-on tool.

Thanks!
      MasterWrench

Comment

• MasterWrench
        • Oct 2006

Keep in mind that it will still only save a certain number of files regardless of drive size.

Joe
        Do you know how many files or an approximate amount of data in kilobytes it will save?? Or maybe a percentage of the available space on the thumb drive??

Thanks.
        MasterWrench

Comment

• No-Start
          • Oct 2006

I like the added functionality and Data on Toyota Hybrids. Just in time too. They're starting to trickle into the Aftermarket now.

That would definitely be cool, but I bet it's a HUGE task. That's an awful lot of Data Entry. I'm glad it's in Shopkey now though. ...and yes, you can use your Thumb Drive with your old Modis now. Keep in mind that it will still only save a certain number of files regardless of drive size.

Joe
          The hybrid support is nice and a great start, but they have quite a bit more work to do before it's "useful".

I didn't realize that the version 7.2 update has support for thumbdrives for the old style Modis. Can you explain how to set it up to work? It always ask for a USB driver name to use when I plug in a thumb drive.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

No-Start.

Comment

• MasterWrench
            • Oct 2006

I
            . ...and yes, you can use your Thumb Drive with your old Modis now. Keep in mind that it will still only save a certain number of files regardless of drive size.

Joe
            Bought a thumb drive and it does not work. Still get the little window that opens and asks for the name of the driver for this device. No USB 2 driver installed for the thumb drive in the software
            MasterWrench

Comment

• Joe Rappa
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

MW,
              I don't have an answer for you on that. I had that problem with one thumb drive, but when I tried a different one it worked fine. That thumb drive worked crummy in my laptop too though. You're going to have to call Tech Support for an answer.
              Joe
              "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
              Henry Ford

Comment

• MasterWrench
                • Oct 2006

OK. I will give them a call and see what they have to say. What kind/type/size/brand of thumb drive worked for you?
                MasterWrench

Comment

• MasterWrench
                  • Oct 2006

Called tech support today and according to "Ozzie" at tech support the only thing the USB port is for on the old MODIS is a keyboard and mouse
                  MasterWrench

Comment

• Steve6911
                    • Feb 2007

Why kill yourself, CF cards now hold over 4gb under $50.00, a reader is about $20.00 and your done.

Steve

Comment

• MasterWrench
                      • Oct 2006

Well I bought a thumb drive for 29.99 the other day to try it. Today I bought a cf card for 29.99 and a reader for 39.99....you do the math.

I was just wishful thinking that it might work like stated.....I bit the bullet..

My MODIS shows the brand new empty cf card as almost full though so I don't know how much I'll be able to get on it because it doesn't tell you exactly how much space you have left, just the bar graph....
                      MasterWrench

Comment

• bobob
                        • Aug 2007

i too would like to know more about using a thumd drive and my cf slot i have a fairly new solus maybe two months or so but have read about supposedly empty or new cf cards showing very little space left when trying to use them on these machines

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                          Snap-on DSD
                          • Aug 2007

I've got a Memorex and a Sony thumbdrive that I use with my Modis on nearly a daily basis with no problems. My PNY does not work at all.

Also, I ignore the indicator showing drive space now. I've noticed the same thing, but never cared about it. If I can hold over 100 files on my drive before reaching capacity(regardless of where the indicator was), then that's all I need. If your needs are different, then I can see why it would bug you.

Joe
                          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                          Henry Ford

Comment

• Christopher
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by MasterWrench
                            Well I bought a thumb drive for 29.99 the other day to try it. Today I bought a cf card for 29.99 and a reader for 39.99....you do the math.

I did do the math, the two together was cheaper, then the thumbdrive .

Comment

• Steve6911
                              • Feb 2007

Thanks Chris

You beat me to it. I just got a flyer in the mail from MircoCenter and a 1 gb CF card and reader for under $40.00. MW you over paid!!!

Steve

Comment

• MasterWrench
                                • Oct 2006

Oh well, I went to Staples because it was close by work and I was on my lunch break. Just so happens I got a PNY thumb drive too......lol
                                Guess I'll have to get a Sony or Memorex and try that.

Joe, is your MODIS the older version or the newer "Avenger" model???

Edit: It was also a 12 in 1 card reader, reads any memory stick/card made so if I need to read any others from different devices I can too....
                                Last edited by MasterWrench; 11-06-2007, 05:16 PM.
                                MasterWrench

Comment

Working...