• Show
Clear All
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Christopher
    Put on by,

Angelo Campana
    Euro-Diagnostic Resources, Inc.

And no I don't work at VW/Audi, I work at Volvo dealer for now.

Never been to a class put on by this guy, but I hope it's good.
    I have not heard of him but he has a website that costs $595 a year to be a member of for tech support like IATN I bet....a little pricey

I thought you were the Volvo guy....
    MasterWrench

Comment

• bobob
      • Aug 2007

does sound a bit high hope your class reflects that. although ive not been, i havent heard of very many bad classes. where can i get a list or calander that would show classes in my area?
      Last edited by bobob; 10-23-2007, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• DougMontgomery
        • Jul 2007

Bob,

Roger Sundermeier (501-952-5961), is the Standard Rep for your area. You can contact him for alist of classes we do there.

Comment

• Nick
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by MasterWrench
          I have not heard of him but he has a website that costs $595 a year to be a member of for tech support like IATN I bet....a little pricey

I thought you were the Volvo guy....
          I know Angelo personally and Augie who teaches the VW/Audi class for him. Both great guys. Good classes.
          Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• Steve6911
            • Feb 2007

Another bi-directional control that would be nice is being able to close the Vent Solenoid on most vehicle. I seem to get A LOT of Evap problems (I live and work near salt water) Today I had a 2001 Ford Mustang 3.8L code P0456 evap leak -small. Vehicle had an almost full gas tank. Hooked up my Snap-on evap smoke machine but needed a different make scanner to close the Vent Solenoid . Turned out to be a rotted tank filler neck. Now on most vehicles (Not Toyota and Chrysler due to type of system) Snap-on scanners can operate the purge solenoid but not the Vent Solenoid. Now I could do it manually by grounding the control wire but with this function it was just a push of a button. I have tried Mode 8 several times with very little luck.
            Just another thought to keep the software guys busy!

Steve

Comment

• bobob
              • Aug 2007

doug
              thanks for the name and number, ill give him a call. sorry so slow on the reply been ill for a few days , thanks again

Comment

• protraxrptr17
                • Aug 2010

We need coverage on GM C4500 and 5500 trucks. I can get into engine and trans by entering the vin as a 3500 but I need to be able to look at ABS. I have the heavy duty add on an I can't get in with it either. By the way, the heavy duty add on needs ALOT of work. Very caveman.

ALso need to be able to write the VIN to ECM on 2003 and up Dodge/Cummins trucks.

Thank you,
                Zeb Beard

Comment

• Jay G.
                  Administrator
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by protraxrptr17
                  We need coverage on GM C4500 and 5500 trucks. I can get into engine and trans by entering the vin as a 3500 but I need to be able to look at ABS. I have the heavy duty add on an I can't get in with it either. By the way, the heavy duty add on needs ALOT of work. Very caveman.

ALso need to be able to write the VIN to ECM on 2003 and up Dodge/Cummins trucks.

Thank you,
                  Zeb Beard
                  Hi Zeb,
                  Thankyou for your feedback and suggestion on the GM coverage I will pass it along to the development team.

Jay

Comment

• Nickb
                    DSD
                    • Aug 2007

Would love to see Cylinder contribution testing on 6.0l and 6.4L Ford Diesels. Also our Canadian Made vehicles such as Chevrolet Optra.
                    Also Suzuki and Volvo coverage.
                    This is all stuff I get hounded on everyday out on the streets. I will get a list of Canadian made vehicles and post them.
                    DSD

Comment

• autodoc
                      • Aug 2008

i still say that the launch is better all day long you guys are lucky. we in europe still dont get the applications you get with certain vehicles from s/o ie us domestic software and asian vehicles. i think they take your software version in the states and then reverse engineer it and take out what they want and then sell it to us.
                      then they try to con us in telling us that your machine in the states cant work over here in uk. what's the sense of paying out loads of money for a tool that you cant use ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! hence the reason for us having to source an aftermarket scantool. take it from me guys s/o tools are overated & expensive,i've still got 8.2 on my solus pro i'm still trying to hock it on flea bay but as with s/o scanners you cant get back what you paid in the first place

Comment

• hefaus
                        • Dec 2007

launch

Originally posted by autodoc
                        i still say that the launch is better all day long you guys are lucky. we in europe still dont get the applications you get with certain vehicles from s/o ie us domestic software and asian vehicles. i think they take your software version in the states and then reverse engineer it and take out what they want and then sell it to us.
                        then they try to con us in telling us that your machine in the states cant work over here in uk. what's the sense of paying out loads of money for a tool that you cant use ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! hence the reason for us having to source an aftermarket scantool. take it from me guys s/o tools are overated & expensive,i've still got 8.2 on my solus pro i'm still trying to hock it on flea bay but as with s/o scanners you cant get back what you paid in the first place
                        Hi you are right about the launch. It works great on euro cars but very weak on north American cars. S/o scanners are strong here but like you say weak there. Best come over here and see how things work for you then. Bashing scanners never helps anyone. No one scanner can do them all. Enjoy. Merry Christmas. Keep Smiling

Comment

• Trindaddy
                          • Jan 2010

Coverage

Hi guys. since this post is still going i thought i would stick my findings (and others' input) here, in the hopes that it may someday change. Please read my post again, final comment summarizes the problem: http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...ead.php?t=3745
                          Oh, by the way, try R+R pass front power window switch on a Buick Rainier!

Comment

Working...